Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Default Non-unit specific ccr training?

    Thinking about using some of the leave and money saved up from the past year of no vacation to go somewhere and learn something new.

    I know all the entry-level courses and crossovers are unit-specific, but what about advanced courses like ccr cave or trimix, where the emphasis is (I assume) more on planning and skills than how to fly the unit?

    Not looking to start an agency war, just figured I'd ask the collective before going any further.

    Jim

    Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk


  2. #2

    Default

    CCR cave is not unit specific for the most part, but certain skills or procedures might be handled slightly differently depending on the unit. Most agencies require the instructor to be a certified diver on the unit you are wanting to do your training on.

    CCR trimix isn?t necessarily unit specific as it pertains to planning bailout or gasses or deco, but again, certain procedures might be handled slightly differently depending on the unit. Most agencies require that the instructor be an instructor on the actual unit you are training on so that they are ultimately more familiar with your unit peculiarities, electronics, and failure recovery options.

    If I recall correctly, you?re on a Meg variety (although I might have that wrong). You should probably start by identifying a Meg instructor who is also a cave instructor and a Meg trimix instructor. Interview a few, find someone you are compatible with who can help you achieve your goals.

    I?m happy to answer any specific questions via PM (or email).
    Let me know if I can help.

    James


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draker View Post
    CCR cave is not unit specific for the most part, but certain skills or procedures might be handled slightly differently depending on the unit. Most agencies require the instructor to be a certified diver on the unit you are wanting to do your training on.

    CCR trimix isn?t necessarily unit specific as it pertains to planning bailout or gasses or deco, but again, certain procedures might be handled slightly differently depending on the unit. Most agencies require that the instructor be an instructor on the actual unit you are training on so that they are ultimately more familiar with your unit peculiarities, electronics, and failure recovery options.

    If I recall correctly, you?re on a Meg variety (although I might have that wrong). You should probably start by identifying a Meg instructor who is also a cave instructor and a Meg trimix instructor. Interview a few, find someone you are compatible with who can help you achieve your goals.

    I?m happy to answer any specific questions via PM (or email).
    Let me know if I can help.

    James


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like it works as I thought/hoped. Guess now I just need to make some commitments to take a vacation and get some training in!

    Sorry for the slow reply, tapatalk hasn't been playing well recently...

    Cheers,
    Jim

    Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk



 

Similar Threads

  1. ISC Pathfinder CCR and Mexican Training Package
    By vinegarbiscuit in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2020, 02:53 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-03-2019, 01:33 AM
  3. CCR Cave Training
    By Sharky1948 in forum Polls
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 03:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts