Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 61 to 64 of 64
  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    All winter long the park is quiet, park right in front and walk unmolested to the water...but no, you'all come in the busiest time of year and then get annoyed the place is screwed with people...


  2. #62

    Default

    Midweek isn't bad. I was there Wednesday and there was a training team coming out as I was going in, and another team going in as I was coming out, but I had the cave to myself. Fair number of folk topside, splashing about in the spring run, and plugging up the Little Devil stairs squealing about the cold water while getting up their courage to jump in, but they paid their admission just like I did, and most of them were fairly polite about getting out of the way when they saw me standing there with tanks. No way I'm going there on a summer weekend though -- too many other options (at least when the spring flooding is over).


  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Ok I just wanted to unobtrusively bring (explain) my point. Surface conditions can complicate safety of the dive because of extra task load. How to deal with it is a individual's preference but it can be a contributing factor to real problems.

    ARY (Photo, video)

  4. #64
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdax View Post
    All winter long the park is quiet, park right in front and walk unmolested to the water...but no, you'all come in the busiest time of year and then get annoyed the place is screwed with people...
    Or come mid week this time of year


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

    The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts