Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64
  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branford, Florida
    Age
    76
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fno View Post
    So let me ask a simple question. Does shitting on one diver and calling him out by name make it easier for you (MikeT and DogDiver) to feel better about yourselves and your abilities? Just asking because I've made it part of my life's mission to better understand true assholes and I could learn a lot from you guys. And for the record rule #6 is probably being broken in this thread.
    The point I was trying to make was his attitude. Clearly stating that if I or anyone else including instructor and student teams that they wanted nice clear visibility cave conditions they better plan on getting in the water before he did because he fully intended to go mud diving near the Sherwood Split area again. With at the time all other systems were blown out and Ginnie the only cave to dive in seems very selfish to me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    How do we know on purpose. Last week when hillier wss blown out it was someone else and not intentional. It was a skills issue.

    It sounds like this particular person has a personality issue. I think fno?s a little out of line in his comments. Sometimes a little shaming is due. I know in the current environment of everybody gets a participation trophy, thats an unpopular opinion. But some people need to get some sh? to learn a lesson.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    At least 4 days in a row, on a DPV making blind jumps back there. Being an ahole is not a skills issue.


  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitrzac View Post
    At least 4 days in a row, on a DPV making blind jumps back there. Being an ahole is not a skills issue.
    Well I agree being an a-hole isnt a skills issue. But maybe his skills suck and thats why he?s blowing it out. And obviously doesnt care.
    Sounds like somebody should talk to him. And if hes an ass, not be nice about it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branford, Florida
    Age
    76
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Well I agree being an a-hole isnt a skills issue. But maybe his skills suck and thats why he?s blowing it out. And obviously doesnt care.
    Sounds like somebody should talk to him. And if hes an ass, not be nice about it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I tried twice and he blew me off both times.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogDiver View Post
    I tried twice and he blew me off both times.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotcha.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  6. #46

    Default

    I also agree with fno. I think it's time to respect Rule #6.


  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Just left ginnie. Got thwre at 10:30 am and unfortunately had to leave and not dive at 11:30 due to an equipment issue. But there was plenty of parking, only two other divers, and only a coupke tubers. Would?ve been a good day if I actually got to dive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  8. #48

    Default

    Dive More Post Less


  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default GinnieSurfaceConditions?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougchappell View Post
    Dive More Post Less
    Thanks for the excellent addition to the thread.

    I really dont understand the people who read or post here but then post that stupid bumper sticker saying. Its like it makes people feel cool getting to post it. At least add some other value like a dive/surface report.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post

    I really dont understand the people who read or post here but then post that stupid bumper sticker saying.
    Some people love too repeat simple slogans and repeat them without thinking. It's easy and it makes you feel part of a group (who also doesn't like to think things through for 5 min). Bumper stickers, hats ... all the same bs.

    Complaining about people posting even though you're reading them at the same time is funny though.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts