Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogDiver View Post
    There is a diver with a red Prius with Vermont plates using a scooter to blow out multiple tunnels lately. Poor skills and an attitude stating that if I wanted a clear visibility cave I should have gotten there before he did. Moron.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Saw them as well


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #32

    Default

    Don?t forget about the local cave instructor (not a cave dpv instructor) encouraging poor behavior, aiding in the breaking of rules, and setting a horrible example as a dive professional when he helps a diver sneak a scooter into Ginnie.

    It?s not just the out of state license plates with a complete disregard for the rules, cave conservation, or common sense.

    This is reckless, dangerous, and as you personally experienced, had negative effects on the cave and safe cave diving conditions.

    But hey, at least they had a good dive.

    When a local instructor is incapable of setting a positive example and acting as a role model, we?re all doomed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogDiver View Post
    There is a diver with a red Prius with Vermont plates using a scooter to blow out multiple tunnels lately. Poor skills and an attitude stating that if I wanted a clear visibility cave I should have gotten there before he did. Moron.
    Hmmm. I though that I knew all the Vermont cave divers. (All five of us, all cave diving at least 10 years.)

    This is not one of the five. Evidently, not someone I'd care to know.

    Mike


  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    southeast of disorder
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogDiver View Post
    There is a diver with a red Prius with Vermont plates using a scooter to blow out multiple tunnels lately. Poor skills and an attitude stating that if I wanted a clear visibility cave I should have gotten there before he did. Moron.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That?s the same ass that yanked the whip out of my hand at Wayne?s after he had replaced it....then he realized he wasn?t finished. Didn?t say a word- just snatched it. There wasn?t a scene only out of respect for Wayne.

    "Cave diving is for grown ups. Make grown up decisions."
    -AJ

  5. #35

    Default

    I agree with OFG-1.


  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branford, Florida
    Age
    75
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    That?s the same ass that yanked the whip out of my hand at Wayne?s after he had replaced it....then he realized he wasn?t finished. Didn?t say a word- just snatched it. There wasn?t a scene only out of respect for Wayne.
    Ya he pulled something similar to me at Amigos too. His name is Brooks. Manager at Ginnie has been informed of his behavior too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #37

    Default

    So let me ask a simple question. Does shitting on one diver and calling him out by name make it easier for you (MikeT and DogDiver) to feel better about yourselves and your abilities? Just asking because I've made it part of my life's mission to better understand true assholes and I could learn a lot from you guys. And for the record rule #6 is probably being broken in this thread.


  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fno View Post
    So let me ask a simple question. Does shitting on one diver and calling him out by name make it easier for you (MikeT and DogDiver) to feel better about yourselves and your abilities? Just asking because I've made it part of my life's mission to better understand true assholes and I could learn a lot from you guys. And for the record rule #6 is probably being broken in this thread.
    I think holding people accountable for bad behavior is a good thing, though there is a line between accountability and sh*tting on people. In this case, it seems that the diver in question had a pretty crappy attitude towards his actions and fellow divers which is much different than someone just lacking the skills or experience. Emphasis on "seems" since I wasn't there and have no first hand knowledge.


  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TraviTheDiver View Post
    I think holding people accountable for bad behavior is a good thing, though there is a line between accountability and sh*tting on people. In this case, it seems that the diver in question had a pretty crappy attitude towards his actions and fellow divers which is much different than someone just lacking the skills or experience. Emphasis on "seems" since I wasn't there and have no first hand knowledge.

    The dude is blowing out the cave on purpose and causing a safety hazzard for everyone else that wants to dive there. Multiple days, to the point where there was less than 5ft of vis farther up hill400.



    I'm a new cave dive, but rule 1 is still don't **** up the cave.


  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitrzac View Post
    The dude is blowing out the cave on purpose and causing a safety hazzard for everyone else that wants to dive there. Multiple days, to the point where there was less than 5ft of vis farther up hill400.



    I'm a new cave dive, but rule 1 is still don't **** up the cave.
    How do we know on purpose. Last week when hillier wss blown out it was someone else and not intentional. It was a skills issue.

    It sounds like this particular person has a personality issue. I think fno?s a little out of line in his comments. Sometimes a little shaming is due. I know in the current environment of everybody gets a participation trophy, thats an unpopular opinion. But some people need to get some sh? to learn a lesson.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts