Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64
  1. #1

    Default GinnieSurfaceConditions?

    Thinking of making the trek to Ginnie.
    Wondering how crazy surface conditions are becoming during the week.
    Are the Spring Breakers there? Is it packed on Weekdays?
    Still trying to avoid crowds.

    Thanks!


    Dominick Gheesling

    Hike your own hike.

  2. #2

    Default

    Ginnie is normally not option for avoiding crowds. Manatee was fairly uncrowded on Friday. Jug reached diver capacity by midmorning and there were fairly solid crowds and breakers on Saturday

    Good luck and dive well


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branford, Florida
    Age
    75
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Weekdays at Ginnie at crazy now. Lots of families with tubes. Not easy to use the steps at Little devil?s as the water is still over my head.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Dove the ballroom on Friday the 12th. Crowds were sparse when arriving around 10:30 to 11 - got a good parking spot. At 12:30 when we got in the water, it was starting to be a zoo. Not too much social distancing on the steps and deck. Lots of cars when we left.

    Dove Devils from the steps at the Eye on Wednesday the 17th. Parked at Turkey Roost? around 11 in a prime spot. Crowds were steady but not as bad as the previous Friday at the ballroom. Talked to a few strangers and we all kept our distance. People on the steps and deck were considerate.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominick Gheesling View Post
    Thinking of making the trek to Ginnie.
    Well, there are a few things I would rather do than go to Ginnie, such as
    1 - Dive off the hood of my truck face first onto a prickly pear
    2 - Spend a weekend in Vegas with Rosanne Barr
    3 - Manscaping with a string trimmer
    4 - Attend the festival of the inbred, which actually is very similar to going to Ginnie
    5 - Listen to 2 economists debate supply side economics

    Good luck!

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Detroit and Key Largo
    Posts
    466

    Default

    I dove Ginnie this past Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday was great weather, and while there were some “tourists” it wasn’t bad, I’ve seen way worse. Thursday’s it was a overcast in the morning, not to many revelers, but quite a few dive teams. Water is going down.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branford, Florida
    Age
    75
    Posts
    679

    Default

    I?ve had both my vaccine shots last month. I don?t give a rats a$$ who or how close I get.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogDiver View Post
    I?ve had both my vaccine shots last month. I don?t give a rats a$$ who or how close I get.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got my first and second in 10 days. Just remember that beign vaccinated will not fully protect you. I?m in your spot, way more comfortable since I know I?ll be fully vaccinated. But still plan on masking and distancing as much as possible. There are enough cases of vaccinated people getting sick that I guarantee in 6 months the numbers will surprise people. We still dont know the long term efficacy. I only say that because around my house there are a ton of vaccinated people who suddenly dont give a crap and are doing some stupid stuff. Not saying thats you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Well, there are a few things I would rather do than go to Ginnie, such as..Spend a weekend in Vegas with Rosanne Barr...
    If this ever happens, I will pay for your therapy.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    There are enough cases of vaccinated people getting sick that I guarantee in 6 months the numbers will surprise people.
    I thought at least that BioNTech/Pfizer stuff is over 90% effective? If I still have stay locked up after getting the vaccine in 3 years, I'll go nuts.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts