Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: New caver

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default New caver

    Hey everyone,

    I wanted to introduce myself as I plan to be more active on here, specifically to ask questions and learn more from the members of this group. I guess you can consider me a cave tourist. I just completed sidemount / cavern / intro to cave classes in Florida and my instructor recommended that I utilize this forum in order to gain more knowledge and useful insight. We dove Manatee for first day of Side mount / cavern. Then Ginnie Springs for the last 3 days. I picked the wrong week for my vacation as all the other training caves were pretty much blown. It was a great week, I learned a lot and I felt like I proved a lot to myself about being able to problem solve in an emergency situation. Also my fingers are absolutely wrecked.

    Anyways. Feel free to talk as much #### as you want, I don?t get offended. But I?m not here to troll anyone. If I ask what you consider a stupid question, please don?t think that I am just messing with you.





  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Congrats on completing your course... and welcome aboard!


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raustinb42 View Post
    I don't get offended.
    You must not be from this century then.

    Welcome.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX & Cozumel, MX
    Age
    53
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    You must not be from this century then.

    Welcome.
    LOL... SO TRUE! Any antifa cave divers in attendance? I need someone to practice 'rescuing'... OR not...

    Back to the OT... Congrats... It's a wonderful world down below... Enjoy the progression!


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raustinb42 View Post
    Feel free to talk as much #### as you want, I don?t get offended.
    Challenge accepted


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Here's some #### talk:
    Tacodeli is horrible tacos
    Torchy's queso is the best
    Dirty 6th, East 6th and West 6th are all different versions of dystopian nitemares
    MoPac doesn't have real traffic


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lord1234 View Post
    Here's some #### talk:
    Tacodeli is horrible tacos
    Torchy's queso is the best
    Dirty 6th, East 6th and West 6th are all different versions of dystopian nitemares
    MoPac doesn't have real traffic
    Tacodeli DOES have the best tacos!
    Torcy's queso is definitely up there.
    Agree on 6th
    MoPac sucks.

    David Moore
    JWEP, GSEP, OCDA

  8. #8

    Default

    Lol. Someone has spent some time in ATX. I agree with all those. Now if you went after torchy’s that’d be a different story


  9. #9

    Default

    My instructor told me the exact opposite:

    "Stay Away from the Message Boards!"

    Congratulations!


    Dominick Gheesling

    Hike your own hike.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominick Gheesling View Post
    My instructor told me the exact opposite:

    "Stay Away from the Message Boards!"

    Congratulations!

    Uh, THIS is a message board

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. Caver !
    By JE in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 11:38 AM
  2. Do you consider yourself a Caver?
    By MattATX in forum Polls
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 03:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts