Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,104

    Default New version of "A deceptively easy way to die"

    was there not an updated version of this video? Not that I don't like Lamar's video but it is getting dated.

    Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt oops, a drysuit @ the 700' marker

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Live Oak, FL
    Posts
    179

    Default

    TJ, James Hurley, a couple others whom I don't recall right off the top of my head and I shot a short video segment 20 years ago called "Got Training?" I wonder if it still exists in some nebulous place on TJ's servers....


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Live Oak, FL
    Posts
    179

    Cool

    I think Chris Henson was also involved... My mind is a little fuzzy about 20 year recall.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cozumel, Mexico por el invierno
    Posts
    144

    Default



  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Live Oak, FL
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macado View Post
    Nope


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cozumel, Mexico por el invierno
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Ah ok. Don't know then. I remember seeing this one. I would be curious if there is another version floating around.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macado View Post
    That was SO the video I was looking for.

    Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt oops, a drysuit @ the 700' marker

  8. #8
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdalcher View Post
    TJ, James Hurley, a couple others whom I don't recall right off the top of my head and I shot a short video segment 20 years ago called "Got Training?" I wonder if it still exists in some nebulous place on TJ's servers....
    Ha, I barely remembered that old thing http://www.cavediver.net/agrim_reaper.mpg

    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Live Oak, FL
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Ha, I barely remembered that old thing http://www.cavediver.net/agrim_reaper.mpg
    Yep, that’s it!


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mount Holly, NC
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    I watched that video, TJ's, back in Okinawa in the 2000-2001 time frame. I get to the states and and my instructor and I were talking about the video. Who would have thought that TJ would become my instructor.

    "...some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy." John T. Cunningham


 

Similar Threads

  1. "A Record To Die For?"
    By DKKearns in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2019, 01:25 PM
  2. "A deceptively easy way to die" video
    By JE in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts