Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11

    Default


    Thought I uploaded the overall picture too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20210119_145637.jpg
Views:	1069
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	22228  


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Roaming in cenote land
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitrzac View Post

    Thought I uploaded the overall picture too
    that one is definitely a rare one. only seen once out there.


  3. #13

    Default

    WOW!!!

    What is this process?

    Dominick Gheesling

    Hike your own hike.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Live Oak, FL
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Looks like same way they used to create blueprints


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cozumel, Mexico por el invierno
    Posts
    144

    Default

    That's a really cool piece of history. I actually ran into Jeff Hancock the other day at CCDS. He still seems to stop in there every once and a while since he still sells his map through CCDS.

    He was a bit amused (maybe concerned..) at the copy of his map in my van. (I own a copy that I purchased from CCDS but made a smaller laminated copy for my van). He wanted to make sure I didn't pirate it.


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    461

    Default

    That looks like a diazotype printing process


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macado View Post
    That's a really cool piece of history. I actually ran into Jeff Hancock the other day at CCDS. He still seems to stop in there every once and a while since he still sells his map through CCDS.

    He was a bit amused (maybe concerned..) at the copy of his map in my van. (I own a copy that I purchased from CCDS but made a smaller laminated copy for my van). He wanted to make sure I didn't pirate it.

    Yeah I've heard he's gotten very upset about the pdf copy going around. I get it, since it was a very long project and a lot of work. I've got a little tiny copy I used to keep in my wetnotes of the front part of ginnie to about the double domes that I could pull out while gearing up in the water for last minute dive plan confirmation when diving with people new to Ginnie.


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fort White, FL
    Age
    50
    Posts
    329

    Talking

    Talked with Jeff about this. He going to enjoy having new bones on his bone necklace.

    Doing It Caverkevin

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cozumel, Mexico por el invierno
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I get it. He spent a lot of time, effort and work on that map and created an amazing product. That's why I bought it.

    Unfortunately it's very easy to get a PDF copy if you know the right people.


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macado View Post
    I get it. He spent a lot of time, effort and work on that map and created an amazing product. That's why I bought it.

    Unfortunately it's very easy to get a PDF copy if you know the right people.
    Agreed. I bought a copy cause I felt bad not paying for at lesst one copy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



 

Similar Threads

  1. Jeff Hancock's Devils Cave Map
    By dave9751 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2015, 01:55 PM
  2. jeff hancock map
    By duckster3d in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 03:25 PM
  3. Jeff Hancock's Devils map is available......
    By Rich in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 06:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts