Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Everyone will be different. It depends on how sick you were, and if you feel completely recoverd. I am a physician, and came down with COVID on Nov. 8, 2020. Symptoms were fever to 102.7, body aches, and headaches. No respiratory symptoms. Symptoms lasted 5 days and by day 6 I felt completely normal. By November 23 I was in Mexico and diving again, and felt just fine. I think the bottom line is, if you don't feel 100% normal, don't go diving.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Aston, PA
    Posts
    56

    Default

    This will be my last update because I'm cleared to return to dive!! After getting a CT scan on 19 February I was informed the CT scan showed calcified granulomas and one lung nodule 5-6mm in diameter, and I was referred to a pulmonologist. I didn't provide this before because subsequent conversations with DAN+ revealed that they didn't feel this was likely associated with COVID, and that a pulmonologist would need to assess and characterize the nodule, and based on where it was and the impact on the lung spaces around it would work with DAN+ to determine if the nodule was a contradiction to diving.

    Following my appointment with the pulmonologist today, the pulmonologist confirmed the calcified granulomas looked like they were several years old. He mentioned that fungal infections are common when you travel to dry locations. I previously lived in Washington and camped in Eastern Washington several times, I've been to Bonaire, Texas, Fiji, all over the place. The pulmonologist felt very confident these were not a contradiction to diving based on the age and static nature. The granulomas aren't in the lungs they were on lymph nodes that could be seen in the CT. The nodule is extremely small and based on where the nodule is within the lungs the pulmonologist consulted with the DAN+ and determined I could return to diving.

    For good nature based on the COVID recommendations for diving a spirometry test was performed, and was normal.

    DAN+ did recommend that I restart my diving with lighter dives, and not jump into deep dives with extended decompression obligations, but work my way back up to that.

    I found this resource very helpful with messages behind the scene that helped me gain understanding of what was going on and what was likely to come down the pike. I feel wonderful knowing I have the okay from the pros to return to the water and can't wait to get back in the water.


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Congratulations! And thanks for letting us follow you through this journey. It is truly instructive


  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitsap_diver View Post
    This will be my last update because I'm cleared to return to dive!!
    Great news! Time to plan a return visit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Congrats, thanks for the info.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Aston, PA
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draker View Post
    Great news! Time to plan a return visit.

    I should be down there March 13th time frame. I was going to shoot you a text to see if you were available to provided a private guided tour of Ginnie's Ball Room. I'm afraid if I go with a lesser guide I won't get to see it all. I need some one who isn't afraid of a couple hours of deco. I'm definitely bringing the scooter for that dive.



    Although come to think of it I've had several dives with you where I haven't' gotten to see much either because my light fails or my scooter fails and I have to be towed out, or we elect to share gas in the dark for 800 feet.



    -Austin


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mount Holly, NC
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    I am enjoying this conversation considering that I am a front line Registered Respiratoy Therapist and a caver. CT, CT and more CT's. You do know that each single CT scan is equal to 100-200 chest x-rays in radiation exposure? I'll continue to watch and I a, so glad that ones are recovering and back into diving.

    "...some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy." John T. Cunningham

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Aston, PA
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TONY CHANEY View Post
    I am enjoying this conversation considering that I am a front line Registered Respiratoy Therapist and a caver. CT, CT and more CT's. You do know that each single CT scan is equal to 100-200 chest x-rays in radiation exposure? I'll continue to watch and I a, so glad that ones are recovering and back into diving.
    I’ve worked in Nuclear Power for 12 years and figured that I got twice the radiation exposure on the CT than The total sum of my occupational exposure. The pulmonologist recommended re-performing the CT every 6 months for 3-4 years to make sure it doesn’t grow.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2020, 01:25 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2020, 08:06 AM
  3. Replies: 100
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 05:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts