Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    St. Augustine , fl
    Posts
    75

    Default Undergarment recommendations

    Just ordered my first dry suit to use diving primarily Florida springs, any suggestions on what undergarments to get ?


  2. #2

    Default

    I usually use a mid-weight unless scootering or long hangs. Depending on your size, I have two size large midweights I'm selling. One generic fleece for $75 and a Santi BZ-200 for $125 including shipping. Both are in excellent condition. They just don't fit my fat *ss any more.


  3. #3

    Default

    Also, Charlene barker has several for sale on Scuba Board

    "For Sale Scuba Diving Drysuit Underwear 17 Sets; including heated ones"


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    521

    Default

    I'm a big fan of the 4th element Arctics.

    Jason Gulley

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    southeast of disorder
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    I'm a big fan of the 4th element Arctics.
    +1.

    "Cave diving is for grown ups. Make grown up decisions."
    -AJ

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    4th element xerotherm and arctic have been the best I?ve had. If its really cold or a long dive I wear the xerotherm under the arctic. I had a custom cut bz400x that was nice but the 4th element was warmer and more comfortable with better mobility


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    St. Augustine , fl
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I have heard fourth element Is good , I’ll be doing short dives as of now because I’m intro level. So would the xerotherm be enough for now ? Then add Arctic later. Thanks for the offer terry unfortunately I’m an XL


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    I can wear my xerotherm with a trilam suit and do a 3 hour scooter/swim dive. Anything over 3 hours I either add a xerotherm vest or move up to the arctic


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    St. Augustine , fl
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Ordered the xerotherm! Thanks for the help


  10. #10

    Default

    I know you already ordered but just giving you another data point - I recently completed my C1 class and was very comfortable using only xerotherm and their base layer (J2).



 

Similar Threads

  1. O2 Analyzer recommendations
    By knabuecave in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-14-2020, 02:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts