Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Yes I forgot to mention that the j2 baselayer is pricey but worth it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    St. Augustine , fl
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I’ll just try the xerotherm first then if I need to get the j2 I’ll get those


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Yes I forgot to mention that the j2 baselayer is pricey but worth it

    The J2 layers are nice, but they're not the most durable or comfortable fit. Any hiking/outdoors under layers are totally comparable to the under layers you buy from the dive vendors. I alternate between my J2 and patagonia layers for both diving and hiking and the J2 layers are starting to fall apart after 4 years, while my patagonia layers are going on 11-12 years with no holes, no problems. Patagonia stuff is expensive, but you similar fit and product and a long list of other brands.



    The thick out layers don't have a comparable product, you'll probably be most happy in the long run by just buying from a dive vendor here.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    St. Augustine , fl
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I actually have Patagonia thermal underwear so I’ll use that under the xerotherm, great suggestions!


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    I have a Weezle extreme plus I wear over Ice Armour merino wool base layer. Good for 3 hours. For shorter dives, I use a 200 gr thinsulate

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads


 

Similar Threads

  1. O2 Analyzer recommendations
    By knabuecave in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-14-2020, 02:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts