Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Scooter Prop

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    453

    Default Scooter Prop

    If anyone finds a scooter prop in Ginnie please turn in to CCDS. It would likely be on the mainline before the Hinkle, More likely before the Mainlands jump. Thanks.

    -Kristi Bernot-

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Proof people need to properly plan gas when scootering (since I see so many on scooters and rebreathers that don't plan properly at all). Hope it wasn't too bad a day for whoevers scooter it was


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    636

    Default Scooter Prop

    Seems like someone should notice a missing prop unless it was on a towed scooter..

    Does anyone know what brand this was?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    If you want to see some funny redneck quarry diving check out my youtube account..

    http://www.youtube.com/user/GoDeepif...n?feature=mhum

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Someone forget locktight during reassembly? This may or may not have happened to me in Ginnie once....

    Jason Gulley

  5. #5

    Default

    Last time I had a bit of a bad moment in a cave, after getting back to clear water on the gold line and feeling calm, I found a single propeller, sheared at the hub, sitting on the floor.

    Reminded me that someone else had a bad moment nearby once too, and made me feel better about my own screw ups.


    I keep the prop around to remind me, but if it was still useful then I'd look for the owner.

    Which reminds me, I have a cheap off brand backup light I found in little river a few months back that I knew was a sign of trouble, and half an hour later my primary died. If you lost a bad luck omen let me know the color of the tape and I'll get it back to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ1987
    "But nothing gets accomplished in sidemount!"


 

Similar Threads

  1. Scooter prop wobble
    By Northernone in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2018, 11:37 AM
  2. FS...DR fins, scooter prop shroud.....
    By phreaticus53 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 03:49 PM
  3. al prop for s/s uv26
    By cavefrog in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 04:21 PM
  4. ss prop blades
    By wingman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 12:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts