Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Default NACD 38th Annual World Seminar, October 27 - 29, 2006

    The NACD conference is coming fast and it is sure to the the best yet. I look forward to seeing everyone there. If you have any questions or comments about the conference, please let me know. To register you can use the web form or the PDF form and fax/mail your registration in. Also, here is a link to the flyer.

    The seminar is being held at the Holiday Inn West in Gainesville, FL. The NACD has a block of rooms available at a discounted rate. A room with a king or a room with 2 double beds will have the special rate of $82.00. However, you will need to make your reservation by Sept 28th for this special NACD rate.

    New Frontiers
    NACD 38th Annual World Seminar & Conference

    October 27th - 29th

    Friday, October 27th
    NACD Social
    Sponsored by Ginnie Springs Outdoors, High Springs, FL
    • 1 PM - Refresher course given by NACD instructors (sign up sheet available)
    • 6 PM --- until
    • Music
    • Food and Snacks
    • Halloween costume contest
    • Games and Prizes for the kids
    • Door-prizes and Giveaways
    • FREE BEER!
    Saturday, October 28th
    NACD 38th Annual Seminar
    Holiday Inn West, Gainesville, FL

    8 AM - 5 PM
    • Shadow Divers by John Chatterton (Bio)and Ritchie Kohler (Bio)- followed by a book signing.
    • Andrea Doria by Evie Dudas ( Bio)50th Anniversary of the Sinking
    • NASA Recovery Operations by Larry Collins - Senior Dive Supervisor, United Space Alliance, Kennedy Space Center
    • Logistics to Further Cave Exploration - Brett Hemphill
    • Labna Ha Expedition - Mexico - Jason Brauhn (Bio) & Richard Hicks
    • Cave Art - Michael Angelo Gagliardi
    • NACD Project Updates - Cambrian Foundation
    • Manufacturer and Dive Facility exhibits
    • Membership Appreciation Social following Seminar - Lloyd Bailey's SCUBA
    Sponsors and Exhibitors
    • OMS
    • Salvo
    • Splash Dive Center
    • TDI
    • Golem Gear
    Sunday, October 29th
    • IUCRR Workshop - Time and place to be determined. (This is a Rescue/Recovery clinic)
    • Knot Tying and Line Repair Clinic - Wayne Kinard (Ginnie Springs Outdoors) - 10:00 AM - no charge
    • Shands Hyperbaric Chamber Tours - Patty Boyte
    • Guided Dives


  2. #2
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Huh... I find it nice that the NACD Conference is put on the SAME weekend that Bill R. had scheduled his REACT Social a long time ago...

    Welp, I'm going to Bills... I would have gone to the NACD Conference, but who in their right mnd would pass up free Indiana Breaded Tenderloins, Pheasants, and Chicken Wings?

    Hope the conference goes well...

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg
    Huh... I find it nice that the NACD Conference by Larry Green is put on the SAME weekend that Bill R. had scheduled his REACT Social a long time ago...

    Welp, I'm going to Bills... I would have gone to the NACD Conference, but who in their right mnd would pass up free Indiana Breaded Tenderloins, Pheasants, and Chicken Wings?

    Hope the conference goes well...
    Joe...There are 3 days of "activities". Hopefully you will be around for some of it.

    Also, the NACD Conference isn't by Larry Green. It is by the NACD. Not sure about the scheduling...


  4. #4
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSea

    Joe...There are 3 days of "activities". Hopefully you will be around for some of it.

    Also, the NACD Conference isn't by Larry Green. It is by the NACD. Not sure about the scheduling...
    I plan to be at the social... I mean come on... free beer...

    I was just mentioning the conflict between the two cavediver events in case the NACD did not know about the other event.

    Either way, I hope both have good turnout and heck, I get free beer and food two days in a row... whooo hooo...

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg
    Huh... I find it nice that the NACD Conference is put on the SAME weekend that Bill R. had scheduled his REACT Social a long time ago...

    Welp, I'm going to Bills... I would have gone to the NACD Conference, but who in their right mnd would pass up free Indiana Breaded Tenderloins, Pheasants, and Chicken Wings?

    Hope the conference goes well...
    I too am disappointed in the scheduling conflict. I'd love to get some of Bills' pheasant & wings again!!

    The NACD scheduled this conference during October of 2005. The NACD schedules these things a year in advance.

    I am sure no one is intentionally stepping on toes here.

    I hope to see you at some of the NACD functions over the 3 days they are scheduled.

    Jim Wyatt
    Cavediveflorida

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Obrien, Fl
    Posts
    42

    Default Cave Excursions/Dive Rite customer appreciation party

    The NACD conference was changed after DEMA was announced in early 2006 to be on the same weekend.

    I hope everyone can find the time to stop by the Cave Excursions/Dive Rite customer appreciation party. There will be incredible deals on Dive Rite gear.

    Additionally, there will be learning sessions on rebreather and sidemount gear, equipment repair, and sidemount dives in the Suwanee River (river permitting).

    Hope to have a very enjoyable day for all!


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    branford
    Posts
    144

    Default

    any idea where the guided dives are going to be?


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Obrien, Fl
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jlcdvr
    any idea where the guided dives are going to be?
    Nothing concrete, places like hidden spring, suwannee blue and parts of the crazy horse system are being concidered.


  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jlcdvr
    any idea where the guided dives are going to be?
    I beleive Hart Spring is one of them. I will see if a more concrete list has been created.


  10. #10

    Default

    The NACD will be working with guides at are attending the NACD seminar. A list of available guided dives for the NACD seminar will be available closer to the seminar date.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts