Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: RIP Bandit

  1. #21
    chuuk
    Guest

    Default

    When we were there in Feb, the new owners said they had put all diving on hold till they find out their liability


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    9

    Unhappy

    He will be missed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1587258836161.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	21331  


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I wish the yappy new dog, Lieb, were more mellow like Bandit.


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    I wish the yappy new dog, Lieb, were more mellow like Bandit.
    I deal with dogs as a job every day of my life and I have to agree with you on that. I?ve got some opinions on that that my wife had to listen to for 20 minutes after the last time we left dive outpost.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort White, FL
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    I wish the yappy new dog, Lieb, were more mellow like Bandit.
    To each their own... BUT I have frequented Cathy's on and off for over 15 years and have loved all of her animals. Now that I am in Ft. White and don't need to lodge there as often, I would still like to patronize the Dive Outpost for gas fills and social reasons but I find myself avoiding it due to the new owners' dog. I do not like aggressive dogs and feel uncomfortable at the DO as a result. It seems I may not be the only one - something Kate and Adam (new owners) may need to take note of.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vicp View Post
    To each their own... BUT I have frequented Cathy's on and off for over 15 years and have loved all of her animals. Now that I am in Ft. White and don't need to lodge there as often, I would still like to patronize the Dive Outpost for gas fills and social reasons but I find myself avoiding it due to the new owners' dog. I do not like aggressive dogs and feel uncomfortable at the DO as a result. It seems I may not be the only one - something Kate and Adam (new owners) may need to take note of.
    I work with police dogs. The dog at dive outpost makes me uncomfortable. The police K9s do not (and some of them try to bite me because I have to do painful things to them). The issue is who?s the handler/owner. The dog at dive outpost is a nervous dog that shows nervous/fearful aggression tendencies. It happens, but it takes a good owner to keep a dog with those issues from biting someone. I don?t see that at do. They are oblivious to it.
    I pretty much like every dog in the world and it annoys the crap out of my wife that every animal in the world seems to like me(perks of the job). The dog at do is the only dog my wife?s seen me every wary or nervous of and the only dog she?s seen not like me. I probably should just shut up and not comment, but it really bothered me dealing with that dog the last 3 times I stopped at do. I refuse to say something to the owners because in my experience it will go nowhere and I?ll be the bad guy. They refuse to see the issue and me saying something won?t fix that. But maybe somebody who is friends with the new owners will say something to them after seeing a few of us are saying something.
    There?s a good chance someone will act nervous of their dog or make a movement the dog doesn?t like and it will bite them. Sadly I tell people all the time it?s not the dog?s fault, it?s the owners.


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    I love Lieb. Runs and barks at me but has never tried to bite me. Once she sees who I am that pulled up we are good. Maybe the way some react to her. I can see where people might be nervous at first but she?s a good girl. Give her a chance.
    Just my opinion and experience.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default RIP Bandit

    Never lmind

    Last edited by rddvet; 04-19-2020 at 08:16 PM.

  9. #29

    Default

    Lieb is as sweetheart! Just big and mouthy. She chews on me occasionally but we're cool! I cannot wait to see everyone at Dive Outpost as soon as possible. Stay SAFE! Stay WELL!

    Dominick Gheesling

    Hike your own hike.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominick Gheesling View Post
    Lieb is as sweetheart! Just big and mouthy. She chews on me occasionally but we're cool! I cannot wait to see everyone at Dive Outpost as soon as possible. Stay SAFE! Stay WELL!
    And it broke my heart when I heard about Bandit.

    Dominick Gheesling

    Hike your own hike.


 

Similar Threads

  1. John Reekie RIP
    By chuuk in forum Memorials
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-27-2015, 07:59 AM
  2. RIP Jack Gregory
    By TONY CHANEY in forum Memorials
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-23-2015, 06:27 AM
  3. RIP Saila
    By LisaN in forum Memorials
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 02:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts