Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Stuart, fl
    Posts
    94

    Default BOLO: Stolen Fathom

    My Fathom rebreather was stolen out of my truck in the driveway in Marianna last night.

    I am offering a $1,000 reward. No questions asked.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    I saw the post on facebook. That thing has to stick out like a sore thumb... do you have serial numbers people can be on the look out for? I hope we can help you recover it.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Serial number 31 on the unit


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Nobody qualified on rebreather would steal this unit. I say we just wait until the thief is found floating face down?

    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    Nobody qualified on rebreather would steal this unit. I say we just wait until the thief is found floating face down?
    The thief probably isn't even a diver. Watch for ads on eBay, etc.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    The thief probably isn't even a diver. Watch for ads on eBay, etc.
    This, and circulate the pics and reward info. Just like the vandals at Little River, it is unlikely that this perp is a lone Wolfe, and has kept his score totally secret.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Out of curiosity were you parked at one of the hotels? I’ve been warned for years to be careful with dive gear in the parking lot at the motels.

    One other area to keep an eye on is pawn shops the next big town or county over. Likely being a non diver stole it, they would want to sell it at a pawn shop a little out of the area. I believe there’s a system where the police notify local pawn shops of stolen items and sometimes the detective will go to pawn shops since it’s grand theft. But a smart thief would likely go out of their way to sell a unique item further from where it was stolen.


  8. #8

    Default

    I'd also be interested in knowing where you were parked when it happened. Thanks in advance.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Stuart, fl
    Posts
    94

    Default

    My truck was in the driveway of the house I rented


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    441

    Default

    As always I am curious here...was the rebreather inside the vehicle? Inside the bed? Was the truck locked? Was the bed locked? Did they smash the window to get in? How were they able to obtain entry to it?



 

Similar Threads

  1. Fathom SPG question
    By jason in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-04-2020, 08:15 PM
  2. 40 Fathom Grotto
    By ktomlinson in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM
  3. Dive Rite Tech Tour...40-Fathom Grotto..
    By phreaticus in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 07:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts