Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    finally Lake City FL
    Posts
    121

    Default How to get off NSS mailing list

    Unfortunately since rejoining the NSS, I've been getting at least 1 email a week from them.
    Since it never has anything to do with cave diving, I consider it SPAM. How do I maintain membership in the NSS (an unavoidable prerequiste to CDS membership) and get off their mailing list?
    Michael


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Stuff like that "ticks" me off
    Is there no "opt out" ?


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    finally Lake City FL
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Sorry you feel that way, but I have no use for the NSS email postings since my interests in caving only extend to caves I can visit underwater. If you also like above-water caves, thats great, but I don't.
    So far I haven't found a box on their website to "unsubscribe".
    Michael


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    At the bottom of NSS emails there is an Opt Out link. http://members.caves.org/members/Ema...ferences.aspx?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    finally Lake City FL
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Thanks Forrest, I think that solved my problem. Well done!

    Michael


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    185

    Default

    For the record, "stuff like that" meant SPAM
    We were on the same page


    Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch View Post
    Sorry you feel that way, but I have no use for the NSS email postings since my interests in caving only extend to caves I can visit underwater. If you also like above-water caves, thats great, but I don't.
    So far I haven't found a box on their website to "unsubscribe".
    Michael


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort White, FL
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch View Post
    ...maintain membership in the NSS (an unavoidable prerequiste to CDS membership) ...
    Michael
    I thought NSS membership was no longer required for CDS membership.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    finally Lake City FL
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vicp View Post
    I thought NSS membership was no longer required for CDS membership.
    I got the same information last night via PM, well that'll be the last time I pay for NSS membership, although with it the CDS membership becomes $20 instead of $35.
    Any idea why the price difference?

    Michael


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch View Post
    I got the same information last night via PM, well that'll be the last time I pay for NSS membership, although with it the CDS membership becomes $20 instead of $35.
    Any idea why the price difference?

    Michael
    FYI, since the CDS doesn't offer a family membership, its actually cheaper for a couple to join both than just the CDS



 

Similar Threads

  1. Looking to buy list: and gear I would trade list:
    By NORTHEAST in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2015, 03:13 AM
  2. Recall List
    By mwenner in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 09:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts