Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: Rafting Up

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ft. White, FL
    Posts
    48

    Default Rafting Up

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I have seen it posted that boats need to be 50? apart. As silly as that sounds.

    https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2020/...rt/5088562002/
    FWC is enforcing this as well. I know someone who was out ~two weeks ago and they made them separate the boats 50 ft apart.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraR View Post
    FWC is enforcing this as well. I know someone who was out ~two weeks ago and they made them separate the boats 50 ft apart.
    That is good to hear. I was out twice last week and traveled from Hollingsworth Bluff up to the 27 bridge near High Springs. I did not see any FWC. It is sort of good that there are several very low and rock sections of the Santa Fe and that seems to keep most of the power boaters away.

    With only one exception, everyone was doing a nice job of keeping boats as far apart as was safe.

    I think it would be good for FWC to differentiate the distance rule for boats underway, vs boats that are parked, or anchored.

    I did see an issue with crowding at one boat ramp. I had my boat tied up to the shore, waiting for my turn at the ramp, and a small group just seemed to migrate over tot he edge of my boat. They did back away, when I asked them to. I just did, I was about to move the boat, and would they please stand clear. ....no issue..



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts