I think you will get some leniency if there two or three boats tied up for a cave dive. But I suggest following Florida's dive flag regulations. FWC can and will give you a ticket for not having a dive flag on the boat or in the water. Also, another tidbit of advice. Don't leave anything of any value in the boat while you are diving. Maybe not as much as an issue with Ginnie closed but the miscreants are always looking for an easy score. Back in the day, it might have been me and Steve Berman going by boat so we loaded up and I brought the ever vigilant German Shepherd dog to provide some security. After the dive we came up to find him eating a sandwich and another dive instructor (who shall go nameless) drinking our beer. Of course the two of them were in on the conspiracy. Another time, FWC came up to my boat to check that the dog had water (they knew him from the Hollingworth boat ramp). The dog quickly jumped in their boat and wouldn't get out till they shared their lunch with him. See below for a picture of the ferocious protector of none.![]()
"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick
yes, that does sound slightly familiar....
Ok, so here’s a current “Rafting Up” report..
Took my boat out today for a little spring hopping and just to get outside for a bit.
We had July Spring to ourselves for almost an hr and got out for a swim and even snorkeled around for a bit. That was until a group of 3 or 4 boats showed up that tied up together and were obviously there to party it up a little.
Now I think I understand why they imposed a 50’ rule. These guys were leaving zero feet, but I think even 15-25’ and they would have persevered to party hardy. With a 50’ buffer, that would have probably put the kibosh on their fun.
We just decided to move along and took a little swim over at the Devil’s side.
FWIW: Viz in the river is as good as I have ever seen it. You can practially see the bottom Of most sections of the river,
What boat ramps are open to the public to launch?
The ramp at Highway 47 over the Santa Fe was open a couple of days ago as was the ramp at Highway 27 at the Santa Fe.
There were a lot of boats/kayaks/canoes on the river off and on all day yesterday.
?I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals?. Butch Cassidy circa 1900
Thanks!
Bookmarks