Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default FLORIDA Stay At Home Order

    Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    Taking actions (removing stay at home) without accurate predictions of future events (infection/fatality rates) is kind of like cave diving in OC WITHOUT pressure gauges.

    Do you push your luck, and risk getting fatally "bitten in the butt". OR be ULTRA conservative because you cannot safely know the risks?
    Im not against being smart and taking precautioms at all. And I?m against opening everything back up like it seems everybody wants.
    My only issue is people with minimal knowledge extrapolating and predicting deaths and illness rates all over the internet. Its gotten very tiresome. Leave it to the professionals (who obviously cant even predict this unprecedented event)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #22

    Default

    Me and my girlfriend are willing to camp and bring all our food so we won't have to go to restaurants or motels or anything we just want to dive. The only thing we will need is gas and air in our tanks. Are any of the fresh water springs in Florida going to be open in a couple of weeks? I know Vortex and Blue Grotto are both still open now. Anything else?


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default FLORIDA Stay At Home Order

    Quote Originally Posted by CaveSloth View Post
    Me and my girlfriend are willing to camp and bring all our food so we won't have to go to restaurants or motels or anything we just want to dive. The only thing we will need is gas and air in our tanks. Are any of the fresh water springs in Florida going to be open in a couple of weeks? I know Vortex and Blue Grotto are both still open now. Anything else?
    You?ll find out on friday what the state starts opening. Not gonna lie though. Most floridians I know still want out of state visitors to stay at home. My county announced yesterday its opening county parks and beaches. While locals are happy for the reprieve from being home, the biggest sentiment I?m hearing from people is they hope it doesnt encourage tourists to visit.
    My general gut feeling is state parks and places like ginnie will be free to open in may. Then the question will be if there will be reclosures due to uptick in nimbers. My other gut feeling is if florida starts opening everything back up it will be much harder to close things again if theres a second burst of infections. I?m in favor of keeping stuff closed until the end of may. But my vote doesnt count.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  4. #24

    Default

    The Florida Keys is closed with a roadblock at MM 112.5. The sentiments of the majority of Keys locals seems to be to keep it closed during all of May. Residents can come and go now with all the proper ID proving Keys residency. Some people have been caught using "fake id's" trying to get in.

    I am in High Springs and I agree Ginnie will likely open on or about May 1 -- I also think dive shops up here will be able to open at or around that time. While here we live on the Santa Fe River and see lots of boaters, canoers and kayakers up and down the river every day.

    People in the stores are practicing social distancing but less than half are wearing masks. The stores are enforcing how many can be in the store at a time. I think Winn-Dixie allows 64 or so in the store at a time.


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt View Post
    The Florida Keys is closed with a roadblock at MM 112.5. The sentiments of the majority of Keys locals seems to be to keep it closed during all of May. Residents can come and go now with all the proper ID proving Keys residency. Some people have been caught using "fake id's" trying to get in.

    I am in High Springs and I agree Ginnie will likely open on or about May 1 -- I also think dive shops up here will be able to open at or around that time. While here we live on the Santa Fe River and see lots of boaters, canoers and kayakers up and down the river every day.

    People in the stores are practicing social distancing but less than half are wearing masks. The stores are enforcing how many can be in the store at a time. I think Winn-Dixie allows 64 or so in the store at a time.
    I think the keys are smart. It?s better to lose an extra month of tourism dollars than 6+ months if they start letting people in and their infection rate skyrockets


  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I think the keys are smart. It?s better to lose an extra month of tourism dollars than 6+ months if they start letting people in and their infection rate skyrockets
    I cannot argue with that logic, as much as it sucks.


  7. #27

    Default FLORIDA Stay At Home Order

    Even if the parks open, don?t expect to find any cave diving.
    Madison, LR, and Telford are all brown. I suspect we?ll lose Cow in a day or two. I?d be surprised if Peacock or OG are clear.
    I visited several springs on the Suwannee today and they all look less than appealing.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default


    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Finally, a easy to read graph of all available Covid morbidity data. And you math guys say its hard.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWtFKswU...jpg&name=large

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Crosby, TX
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Finally, a easy to read graph of all available Covid morbidity data. And you math guys say its hard.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWtFKswU...jpg&name=large
    Isn't that the map of Little River on the wall at Dive Outpost?



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts