Will be heading to Mexico for the first time this fall, and am looking for advice on replacing my older video lights with an LED. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Will be shooting GoPro hero 2's in 3D mode...
Will be heading to Mexico for the first time this fall, and am looking for advice on replacing my older video lights with an LED. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Will be shooting GoPro hero 2's in 3D mode...
Big Blue lights are hands down the best and have a wide range of power models, what kind of power are you looking for?
Dominican Republic Speleological Society
http://dr-ss.com
Aquavista Films LLC.
http://www.aquavistafilms.com
Thanks for the recommendations so far. Anyone use the VL15000 yet? Wondering if the 160 degree would be enough to light up the caves as a single unit or if I would still want/need 2 lights for full coverage.
Big Blue lights are fantastic. If you’re the only diver with lights, don’t go too bright. On the other hand, those big lights (I have two) can be dimmed, which also extends the battery life. More recently I’ll give the brighter lights to the first diver and put the smaller lights on the camera, behind.
One other note: In the cave, the big lights (and some of the smaller lights) need diffusers. Otherwise where they overlap can create funny color effects on video.
I recently bought these but have yet to use them:
https://bigbluedivelights.com/produc...0o-beam-angle/
I think they will be great based on my prior experience with BigBlue.
Alternatively, I saw a dive videographer I respect likes these:
http://www.scubalamp.com/
You will be better off with 2 smaller lights rather than 1 big one. Find a local dealer and talk to them. You can buy them way below MSRP if you just ask around.
Kraken or UWLD. BigBlue SEVERELY overstates the output of their lights and their batteries and chargers are sketchy af.
Bookmarks