Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Sharks in caves (for fun discussion)

    Most of the springs are connected to the Suwanee or Sana Fe rivers and are in general less than 100 miles up stream of the gulf.... Tiger Sharks have been caught on the Mississippi river further north than St Louis..... its just a matter of time before one is found in Peacock or Little River or any other of the major caves that originate on either of these rivers.

    Who disagrees with this statement?

    Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt oops, a drysuit @ the 700' marker

  2. #2

    Default

    I know I've had fun since childhood finding prehistoric shark teeth in spring basins using a small screen or even just my hands. Lithia Springs near Brandon/Tampa was one of our favorite places to do this.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    251

    Default

    I think you mean bull shark, not tiger...tigers don't tolerate fresh water


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default


    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotDoc View Post
    I think you mean bull shark, not tiger...tigers don't tolerate fresh water
    you are correct.... I had been up all night working and was a little on the brain fog side of mental function.

    Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt oops, a drysuit @ the 700' marker

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL - USA
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    More likely to run onto one of these
    https://youtu.be/p_NS2H55dxI

    Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

  7. #7

    Default

    You can always check out the shark tooth in Hart and/or Hole in the Wall (and others)


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Years ago I was diving Cemetery Cave just off the beach of Grand Bahama island. Suddenly everyone in front of me went over to one wall to let a shark get out of the cave. I nearly panicked until I realized it was only a Nurse Shark.

    Last edited by FW; 02-07-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. a hypothetical for discussion
    By BabyDuck in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 06:58 PM
  2. sidemount discussion
    By Signal 20 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 12:35 PM
  3. This might provoke some discussion...
    By in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 03:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts