Hey all my buddy has two tanks that he swears are steel 92s with a working pressure of 3000. He says there super heavy but I cant find any info any where about such tanks. Any body know anything about them?
Hey all my buddy has two tanks that he swears are steel 92s with a working pressure of 3000. He says there super heavy but I cant find any info any where about such tanks. Any body know anything about them?
If they're 6.9" tanks, it sounds about right. They're something like 20lbs negative when full.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK
i got a couple of these. They look just like a 72, but heavier and 3000 psi vs 2200
Tom Johnson / tj![]()
Administrator/Sponsor
Dayo Scuba North
Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
Cave Evaluator/IT TDI
A married couple that used to dive through one of the shops I work for had four of them. They absolutely loved them because they were both overweight and these cylinders were like having an al80 plus about twelve pounds of lead.
Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.
Are they the old mid pressure 72?s? I had a set of those and very negative
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roadkill
he is looking to sell them any idea of a fair price?
There are 2 possible candidates.
If they're the 92, they're 6" by 23-something inches. RARE.
There are 2 versions of mid-pressure 72s. One was #8 negative empty and 6.9x18. The other is like 2-3# negative and 6x21ish. I have a set of each; I'll photograph in the daylight.
Pictures with tank SN will help.
72 Midweight, taller, 6" (also 3000, 3300 with +)
72 HEAVY, Short, 6.9" (3000, 3300 with +)
AL80 for reference
http://cavediver.net/forum/gallery/e...?i=11510&c=515
Bookmarks