Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Ginnie after-hours rule change?

    I was in Ginnie picking up my new annual pass and the kid at the desk made a comment about them wanting everybody to have a bracelet even when the main shop is closed. I just blew it off as the classic confused Ginnie kid. But we planned to get to Ginnie before the shop opens tomorrow AM and haven't been there that early in a while.

    Has something changed and you can't just use your annual pass to get in when the main shop is closed? Don't want to show up at 7AM tomorrow to find out the kid wasn't confused.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Your annual pass will get you in.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    S. W. Florida
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I go there all the time before hours. Just place your annual pass and certification card on the dash of the car for the employees to see that are working around the park.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Thanks all. We?ve dove after hours in the past and just put our cards on the dash, but it?s been almost 2 years since the last dive outside of regular hours. Idk what the hell the kid was trying to say, but it sounded as though he was insinuating that they were trying to stop diving without an armband. I will chalk it up to a confused kid.

    It?s a moot point anyway. Did a nice dive yesterday (well except for watching a guy on a rebreather literally walk on the bottom while he pulled a jump. Front part of the Olsen line was low vis still 3 hours later when we exited) but woke up this am with tons of congestion. So it?s a no go.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Hope this message finds you in time... I have now had two instances where I show up somewhere between 7 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. and they make me wait to check in at the main office. Apparently if you don't get there before 7 a.m. or whatever time they decide is appropriate for that day they will not let you just drive in or check-in at the ranger station. So basically your annual pass get you 23 hour a day access Unlimited.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    Hope this message finds you in time... I have now had two instances where I show up somewhere between 7 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. and they make me wait to check in at the main office. Apparently if you don't get there before 7 a.m. or whatever time they decide is appropriate for that day they will not let you just drive in or check-in at the ranger station. So basically your annual pass get you 23 hour a day access Unlimited.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

    That's about what the kid was insinuating could happen. Not sure why the sudden change. I'd be annoyed if I showed at 7:15 like we had planned and then I need to sit and wait for 45 minutes.


  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    Hope this message finds you in time... I have now had two instances where I show up somewhere between 7 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. and they make me wait to check in at the main office.

    I've also had a case this year when I hit the gate about 7:15, and the guy at the gate told me I had to go get in line, wait for the office to open, and do normal check-in. I attributed it to being a busy holiday weekend. Frustrating, because I wanted to avoid the crowd, but had to wait in line behind the 300 or so already mobbing the front door at 7:15.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    I was hot and steamy when I had to sit and wait 2 weeks ago. It was the sunday after thanksgiving and literally between when I got there and the doors opened, there was not a single other person coming through the gate. I can see during a holiday or busy traffic time, checking a diver in (do they really check you in or just let you go?) would take more time.

    Not wanting to be another whiney cave diver I asked when I got to the counter if annual pass holders are able to come in before hours. The gal said yes but after 7:30 you have to wait to check in. Beth chimed in and said "we have to make sure people check in over the weekend because we have a ranger on patroll and you need a wrist band". I said, "wow, if I Had arrived 10 minutes earlier I wouldn't have a wrist band.. what would I do then? Sure glad I waited". They did not have a response.

    I guess I know now. Until the next unannounced change.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    This is a minor rule change. Be glad its not a major change, like banning booze, loud music, camping under a picnic table, passing out on the ground, theft, fights.... That could change the atmosphere of the place.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    finally Lake City FL
    Posts
    121

    Default

    How much is an annual pass now?

    Michael



 

Similar Threads

  1. FWC Survey about proposed rule change at Eagles Nest
    By Sly-vester in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-17-2017, 07:01 PM
  2. Ginnie Change in conditions Sunday
    By navycaver in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 06:00 PM
  3. Change of hours at Cave Excursions East...
    By Rich in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 08:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts