Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Task Loading

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kearney, Ne
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    One big problem is not admitting you are getting overloaded. First you have to admit it to yourself, then it is only fair to let your buddies know. It is easy for an experienced buddy to cause a less experienced buddy to get overloaded. That can easily lead to an unsafe situation. I have called dives because the plan was too ambitious. I have also been with a buddy that was getting overloaded. When my buddy called the dive, I didn't argue, I just followed him out.

    I can second the more experienced buddy overloading the lesser experienced buddy. My wife and I were on our annual trip to cave country and she has much less experience than I do. So I did the majority of our plans we discussed them and then I led the dives, because she did not feel comfortable leading. Needless to say we had a number of dives that were turned early or in less than ideal places because she was not comfortable. This year she got more involved with the planning and led all of the dives. I just went along for the ride. Her diving was much improved and she said she felt much more comfortable being in the lead.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    I noticed that when I dive solo i usually do not overload myself but it is personal. Somehow monkey brain gets scared and conservative when not hunting in a pack.

    ARY (Photo, video)

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARY View Post
    I noticed that when I dive solo i usually do not overload myself but it is personal. Somehow monkey brain gets scared and conservative when not hunting in a pack.
    I also feel more relaxed when diving solo and I also feel like my general awareness is hightened when I dont have to look for what the buddy is doing.

    At least for myself I think solo diving lowers my baseline taskload.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    441

    Default

    I’m task loaded reading your large font. And can’t think about anything else of substance in your post because you seem to think that we need to see your words in large fonts to somehow make them more important.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Task Loading
    By dgschott in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 12:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts