Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    85

    Default Help. Forum is broken for me.

    I wish I could post a screenshot but I cannot navigate the forum. Everything is showing up as a line- the skin it totally gone. I know this isn't where this belongs but I cannot navigate the site. Can someone help me? Maybe an admin or mod?

    And hi... I've been gone for a while. Got back from Asia two months ago.

    ~Do one thing each day that scares you~

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Try logging out, then back in. If that doesn't work, reboot your computer and try logging again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I wish I could post a screenshot but I cannot navigate the forum. Everything is showing up as a line- the skin it totally gone. I know this isn't where this belongs but I cannot navigate the site. Can someone help me? Maybe an admin or mod?

    And hi... I've been gone for a while. Got back from Asia two months ago.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Hit refresh, cuss, hit it with hammer. It that doesn't work, clean out your internet cache.

    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Or just forgot about the internet and go diving instead. It's actually fun!

    Ken Sallot

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    75

    Default

    If you are using a recent FireFox version, you may have to disable the security check (https) for the site. I believe the skins are being served via http and FireFox is not, by default, allowing that connection (mixed mode site).

    Larry

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    750

    Default

    I have the same issue with my internet. Nothing worked except, using CDF in secret mode where it doesnt track the cookies.

    BRANDON

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Arizona or traveling
    Posts
    338

    Default

    I had a problem and needed to disable my duckduckgo extension in Chrome.


  8. #8

    Default

    <Ctrl F5> in most browsers causes the browser to re-download all files for the page vs grabbing files from cache.

    Richard Blackburn
    All comments are my own.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    A 2 pound lump hammer will fix it.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  10. #10

    Default

    It is the same for me.

    Not really sure how rebooting a computer would fix it. Sounds like an IT answer. LOL

    If you are using Chrome, look at the upper right of the address bar. There should be a shield with a red x on it. If you click it, it will give you an option to load "unsafe scripts" -- scripts pieces of code that help a site run. If you allow the unsafe scripts (I haven't dug into them), the site will look perfectly fine again.

    It appears it is mostly the site trying to loading mixed content (http & https). Most browsers frown on this as it makes for a less than secure experience for the user.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Broken ribs
    By darkdiver211 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 08:06 PM
  2. Broken line
    By IRAP Administrator in forum Incident Reporting and Analysis Project (IRAP)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 09:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts