Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    63

    Default Golem Gear BOV Order Troubles

    Figured I'd post this as a heads up and open my ears to suggestions for getting in contact with Jakub or if anyone knows him personally and can reach out. I've had other successful orders and experience with Golem Gear but I'm about at wit's end on this one.

    4 March 2019: Place order for Golem Gear Shrimp BOV, Spare O-Ring Kit, Cold Water Knob. All are listed as in stock. Credit card charged.

    11 March 2019: Email Jakub asking to add the appropriate Bayonet nuts to my order. Receive response in 15 minutes indicating that he had been out of town and had just returned. He was kind enough to add the item to my order and waive the shipping fee for the nuts. Place order for the Bayonet nuts.

    10 April 2019: Send Jakub text asking if there had been an update on the shipping date of the BOV.

    10 April 2019: Receive immediate response that "Sorry for the delay. The cargo is en route so we hope to get it here early next week, barring any customs issues." I inform him that I'm scheduled for a class 19 and 20 April and Jakub informs me that he has a demo unit he can send me. That day, he sends a demo Shrimp as well as the Cold Water Knob and appropriate Bayonet nuts for my unit.

    13 April 2019: Receive Shrimp and use for class.

    29 April 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Hey Jakub. I'm out of the water for the next two weeks. Happy to send the Shrimp back if the new ones + service kits have made it into the country."

    19 May 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Any update?"

    19 May 2019: Receive response: "The cargo is en route. Hope to have it here next week."

    10 June 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Did the cargo make its way through customs yet?"

    21 June 2019: Leave voicemail asking for an update.

    24 June 2019: Send Jakub text saying: "Hey Jakub. Any update on the Shrimp? Order #xxxxxx."

    25 June 2019: Leave Voicemail asking for an update.


    If anyone can provide advice as to next steps, I'd appreciate it. As of now, I'm fortunate to still have a demo unit but would love an update or if anyone knows what's going on (e.g. new BOV coming, change in relationship with iQSub, etc).

    Thanks,
    Grant


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    This is one of the main reasons I chose a divesoft bov over gg. Jakub is a nice enough guy, their gear is great, his customer service sucks ass. I will go out of my way not to use gg stuff if I can so he doesnt get any of my money. This is a repeat thing where you need your stuff and he disappears. Its been happening for years. I would just keep bugging the crap out of him. You will likely get 15 people that will say he?s great and he?s just busy and travelling. That?s cause they havent had to deal with this yet. A search through various forums will show people who have had the same thing happen and how they finally got it fixed. Usually Jakub miraculously shows back up like its not a big deal and with the excuse he was travelling or your stuff just shows at your door.
    GG and DSS are in the same category: great gear ruined by a horrible business owner?s customer service.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  3. #3

    Default

    I'm in the same boat. After 6 months for a scrubber I just initiated a PayPal return for the money. I'll order through Sub-Gravity.

    I have had some great experiences with Jakub though.

    I have a right feed BOV if you want one. New from the box. I have meg/xccr nipples with it (was for 2 units)


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    this guy's customer service is atrocious. always has been



 

Similar Threads

  1. Wtb golem gear shrimp bov
    By NORTHEAST in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2017, 11:26 PM
  2. Golem Gear DSV with 90's for SM breather
    By Jont in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2016, 08:27 PM
  3. FS: Golem BOV Threaded w/adapters
    By sam in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 05:15 PM
  4. Golem Gear 35# wing
    By akcaver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 09:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts