There was a collapse today in the southbound lane on I-75 near the Williston Road exit. Two sinkholes opened up, one of which was on the shoulder of the road and the second sinkhole just off in the woods. The southbound lanes were shut down but I believe one lane is now open. For those of you who don't live in this area, Williston Road is very close to Paynes Prairie, which by the way, is almost totally full of water now. Over the years, the Prairie has flooded and then dried up and then floods again and so on, but this time around, it has been full since Hurricane Wilma ( or one of them ) Don't know if the sinkholes are in some way connected to the Prairie, but there is a lot of water moving southbound right now! When I say connected, I don't mean connected as in an existing tunnel but there is probably a lot of very small conduit going in that direction. You geology and hydrology guys can probably offer us some explanations


Reply With Quote

Bookmarks