Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Peacock Line Arrows

    Love the new line arrows at Peacock. The cut out numbers are awesome.

    Are there any plans to install markers at the jumps?

    TF


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    Love the new line arrows at Peacock. The cut out numbers are awesome.

    Are there any plans to install markers at the jumps?

    TF


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 here... also love the T on the peanut line and the back to back arrows at the 1/2 way point.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    Love the new line arrows at Peacock. The cut out numbers are awesome.

    Are there any plans to install markers at the jumps?

    TF


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I believe a few of the jumps had the arrows removed intentionally. I believe Nicholson and Waterhole. I don't think those are going back. There's a facebook post with all of the changes you may be able to track down.


    I'm still surprised that none of the changes were posted here or the NFSA page. Not everyone uses fb. Though at the end of the day if you can't figure out how to navigate the changes, then you've got bigger issues.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I believe a few of the jumps had the arrows removed intentionally. I believe Nicholson and Waterhole. I don't think those are going back. There's a facebook post with all of the changes you may be able to track down.


    I'm still surprised that none of the changes were posted here or the NFSA page. Not everyone uses fb. Though at the end of the day if you can't figure out how to navigate the changes, then you've got bigger issues.
    The markers at Crossover on the Peanut Side are missing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I believe a few of the jumps had the arrows removed intentionally. I believe Nicholson and Waterhole. I don't think those are going back. There's a facebook post with all of the changes you may be able to track down.


    I'm still surprised that none of the changes were posted here or the NFSA page. Not everyone uses fb. Though at the end of the day if you can't figure out how to navigate the changes, then you've got bigger issues.
    At Nicholson and Cisteen Line someone has installed personal arrows marking these jumps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    LakeCity, Fl
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I believe a few of the jumps had the arrows removed intentionally. I believe Nicholson and Waterhole. I don't think those are going back. There's a facebook post with all of the changes you may be able to track down.
    I was bugged about the waterhole markers a lot. It is my favorite part of this cave. The way it was done is almost like trying to hide that passage. I think more damage will come by people trying to find it. Thankfully I was able to learn where it is years ago with the help of the markers.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeCityDiver View Post
    I was bugged about the waterhole markers a lot. It is my favorite part of this cave. The way it was done is almost like trying to hide that passage. I think more damage will come by people trying to find it. Thankfully I was able to learn where it is years ago with the help of the markers.



    That one doesn't bug me so much since it will keep alot of people out of there. I don't know if they cut the jump back or not, but it's a pretty easy one to spot without markers. It's one of my favorites too


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeCityDiver View Post
    I was bugged about the waterhole markers a lot. It is my favorite part of this cave. The way it was done is almost like trying to hide that passage. I think more damage will come by people trying to find it. Thankfully I was able to learn where it is years ago with the help of the markers.
    I read the FB post about these changes but forget now.

    What was the reason for cutting back and unmarking the waterhole line?


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    I can see the pro?s & cons of having the jumps marked. Just seems to make more sense from a historical perspective (in my short cave diving history) to have the jumps marked.

    Oh well. The tide of time marches on.

    TF


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cookies and Line Arrows F/S
    By cavediverswife50 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2015, 07:57 PM
  2. Line arrows Peacock Springs
    By tflaris in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 08:15 PM
  3. Peacock line arrows configuration change
    By Jim Wyatt in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 12:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts