Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 44 of 44
  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    We could always request that instructors force students to accumulate a certain number of dives and/or time between certs. The number of people I've watched go from OW backmount to full cave sidemount with stages in a single week's time since I've been diving has blown my mind. Instructors are more worried about hounding people to pay them for cards than they are about the actual "training and experience". Just something that's become quite apparent/blatantly obvious in the last couple of years that I've been diving in the overhead.


  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Oh wow. How did we fall into the classic "PADI/FL/Mex/etc divers are the best/worst" fest?


    Well, line changes or not, I will keep on diving. Thank you for sharing the changes whether they make sense or not.


  3. #43

    Default

    Anyone out there mentoring new cave divers? Just wondering. Seems like tons of $hit gets thrown on instructors and agencies. I have to be honest, I've been really fortunate to have some mentor divers that give me a thorough debrief on a regular basis including room for improvement and pre-dive briefs running through possible problem scenarios. I have learned a great deal after receiving my cert by putting in the time and practice, and having mentors.

    Oh sorry, the topic was line changes.

    Dominick Gheesling

    Hike your own hike.

  4. #44

    Default

    Lines are good.

    I like them.

    I also greatly appreciate public notice of radical changes to the lines.

    Dominick Gheesling

    Hike your own hike.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cookies and Line Arrows F/S
    By cavediverswife50 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2015, 07:57 PM
  2. Line arrows Peacock Springs
    By tflaris in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 08:15 PM
  3. Peacock line arrows configuration change
    By Jim Wyatt in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 12:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts