Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Peacock Line Arrows

    Love the new line arrows at Peacock. The cut out numbers are awesome.

    Are there any plans to install markers at the jumps?

    TF


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    Love the new line arrows at Peacock. The cut out numbers are awesome.

    Are there any plans to install markers at the jumps?

    TF


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 here... also love the T on the peanut line and the back to back arrows at the 1/2 way point.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    Love the new line arrows at Peacock. The cut out numbers are awesome.

    Are there any plans to install markers at the jumps?

    TF


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I believe a few of the jumps had the arrows removed intentionally. I believe Nicholson and Waterhole. I don't think those are going back. There's a facebook post with all of the changes you may be able to track down.


    I'm still surprised that none of the changes were posted here or the NFSA page. Not everyone uses fb. Though at the end of the day if you can't figure out how to navigate the changes, then you've got bigger issues.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I believe a few of the jumps had the arrows removed intentionally. I believe Nicholson and Waterhole. I don't think those are going back. There's a facebook post with all of the changes you may be able to track down.


    I'm still surprised that none of the changes were posted here or the NFSA page. Not everyone uses fb. Though at the end of the day if you can't figure out how to navigate the changes, then you've got bigger issues.
    The markers at Crossover on the Peanut Side are missing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I believe a few of the jumps had the arrows removed intentionally. I believe Nicholson and Waterhole. I don't think those are going back. There's a facebook post with all of the changes you may be able to track down.


    I'm still surprised that none of the changes were posted here or the NFSA page. Not everyone uses fb. Though at the end of the day if you can't figure out how to navigate the changes, then you've got bigger issues.
    At Nicholson and Cisteen Line someone has installed personal arrows marking these jumps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    I can see the pro?s & cons of having the jumps marked. Just seems to make more sense from a historical perspective (in my short cave diving history) to have the jumps marked.

    Oh well. The tide of time marches on.

    TF


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    I can see the pro?s & cons of having the jumps marked. Just seems to make more sense from a historical perspective (in my short cave diving history) to have the jumps marked.

    Oh well. The tide of time marches on.

    TF


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hated to see the wishbone circuit marked and T?d. It was one of the few still pristine areas.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee View Post
    I hated to see the wishbone circuit marked and T?d. It was one of the few still pristine areas.

    Agreed. The Wishbone circuit is one of my favorite dives in Peacock. I feel strongly that it should not be marked or T'd.


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee View Post
    I hated to see the wishbone circuit marked and T?d. It was one of the few still pristine areas.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Completely agree. I think it’s the one change I don’t agree with. The crossover seems overkill since at this point it’s almost a sacrificial part of the cave. But it doesn’t bother me either way. I think wishbone will look like crap soon



 

Similar Threads

  1. Cookies and Line Arrows F/S
    By cavediverswife50 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2015, 07:57 PM
  2. Line arrows Peacock Springs
    By tflaris in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 08:15 PM
  3. Peacock line arrows configuration change
    By Jim Wyatt in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 12:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts