Better 3500 than 10,000...
Kevin J posted these over on RBW a while ago when talking about inconel spheres:https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get my O2 delivered from Air Liquid in 50L cylinders at 300bar. as long as I maintain a 5 cylinder cascade I can always transfer 270 Bar to my 300Bar O2 tanks. For the ability to pump 30-50 bar more into them having a booster is too expensive.
If the highest pressure I could get O2 from the supplier was 2400psi I would certainly have a booster, set to stall out just below 5000psi.
Michael
It seems everybody has different levels of oxygen comfort. I'm completely comfortable up to 3500. I personally won't go up to 3800 at home, but don't care if a shop boosts to 3800. It's not going to spontaneously explode unless dropped and we're careful. Not to say it couldn't happen. But we're cave diving, it's a high risk sport. Throwing a little hp oxygen in the mix isn't going to worry much more.
Bookmarks