Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Staged tank found in Madison blue

    I dive the Madison blue last Saturday and found a staged tank dropped at the line heading to Courtyard.

    It has a 21/30 mixed gas according to its label, blended in Oct last year. The spg read 0, but can not confirm if it's really empty or not because the valve was stuck.

    Hope it find its owner soon.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Is that an anode stuck under the bands. If so its probably meant to be there a while


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    81

    Default

    If you see an anode, you should assume somebody meant to leave it there for a project. Please don’t remove life support gear unless you know the owner wants it out. It could derail a long exploration/survey dive if the team goes in expecting their bottle to still be there.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Injust re-read your post and it sounds like you tried charging the reg to check if its full. I was taught to leave peoples stages alone. I?d say in the future leave peoples stages alone. Theres a well known name that pissed alot of people off by beingbthe cave police and checking peoples dropped stage. Dont be that person. If I was rolling back up to my stage and sonebody was charging the reg of my stage they?d get the international stmbol for buzz off (middle finger) and we?d have a discussion when they came back up from their dive.

    If it aint your stage dont touch it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    high springs
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Ken Sallot and Bob Schulte are doing some survey work down in the Badlands and Crossunder area. They started before the floods earlier this year so it's possible that this bottle belongs to one of them.

    On another note, rddvet is correct in saying, if the bottle does not belong to you, leave it alone. I can assure you, it's not lost!!


  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Injust re-read your post and it sounds like you tried charging the reg to check if its full. I was taught to leave peoples stages alone. I?d say in the future leave peoples stages alone. Theres a well known name that pissed alot of people off by beingbthe cave police and checking peoples dropped stage. Dont be that person. If I was rolling back up to my stage and sonebody was charging the reg of my stage they?d get the international stmbol for buzz off (middle finger) and we?d have a discussion when they came back up from their dive.

    If it aint your stage dont touch it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sincerely did not mean to piss anyone. I was think differently at that time, but will be more careful from now and won't repeat it again. Thank you.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiCaveDiver View Post
    I sincerely did not mean to piss anyone. I was think differently at that time, but will be more careful from now and won't repeat it again. Thank you.
    Dont think you piased anybody off, its just considered by many to be a no-no. I personally would be annoyed if I busted someone doing it to mine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I’ll be honest I don’t mind people checking my project bottles as long as they remember to close the valve. It’s nice to get a heads up when a bottle is cooked instead of killing a big dive to find out. But to each his own


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    It's ours. Please leave it alone. Thank you.

    Ken Sallot

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    It's ours. Please leave it alone. Thank you.
    It's still there. I did not remove it, just only took the picture and tried to charge the reg. I apologize for my action if it offense you.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Fins found at Madison Blue
    By Daedalus in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2015, 04:56 PM
  2. Found: Reel at Madison Blue
    By Kirk in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 08:02 PM
  3. Found today at Madison Blue
    By Dsix36 in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 03:37 PM
  4. New tank racks at Madison Blue Springs
    By Jim Wyatt in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 07:15 PM
  5. Madison Blue Tank Racks
    By Jim Wyatt in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 05:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts