hi
somebody know some cave around 5 hour max of montreal, canada to dive?
thanks
hi
somebody know some cave around 5 hour max of montreal, canada to dive?
thanks
There are some in New York state. Not great, but closer than Florida. IIRC, there are some a little west of you in Canada. I think they are in the Eramosa Karst area, in Ontario. http://ontariocaves.com/eramosakarst.htm
There are tons of passages under the Ottawa River. Shallow, very low visibility, high flow, and quite serious undertakings
http://hwtproject.ca/ottawa-river-sh...s-discoveries/
At one time you could dive the back mine. Perhaps inquire with some of the Ottawa area divers if this is still possible as it appears to be closed
http://www.capitalgems.ca/wallingford-back-mine.html
Not a cave but there is Esperanza in Rutland, VT where I dive frequently. It's an old marble mine. Unfortunately due to runoff/melting the visibility has been very poor this winter but it's fresh water and dive-able.
There are a lot of Quebec divers I've met randomly that have made day / weekend trips to dive here.
The DirtbagDiver
http://www.dirtbagdiver.com
The DirtbagDiver
http://www.dirtbagdiver.com
the eramosa (20-30min drive range) stuff is up the road from me i assume. i read some stories but never sought or checked anything. I think its mostly wiggle dry/wet stuff that does not go much.
i wish i had captured the info
Bookmarks