Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: New HID

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    245

    Default

    "I believe the Lumedyne reflectors only fit on the adjustable style heads though. What I was wondering if you could cut the bottom off one like that and fit it inside the handheld"

    That would easily be done by putting an MR11 style bulb in the light. Dive Rite opted to NOT use the MR11 since so many people are complaining about how easily they break.

    Jerry


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy
    The people I talked to were helmet mounting the lights. Holding a light in your hand will always decrease the scatter. Did you try them on a helmet yet?
    I tried our MR11 Sunspot in a helmet cofiguration; the Sunspot is the same bulb/reflector assembly as in the 10W HID Flashlight. I was diving a small sidemount cave on the Withlacoochee with Brett Hemphill, I didn't notice any significant backscatter from the light. Did I mention I was behind Brett?? Like I said it was a small sidemount cave and silt couldn't be helped. What I did notice was the peripheral lighting shining across my field of view, that did take a little getting used to.

    Jerry


  3. #13
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Typically if you notice the peripheral light from a head mounted lamp too much it will help if you can get it moved more forward. Not always practical, but it will usually get your eyes out of the 'cone' of light from the lamp.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy
    The people I talked to were helmet mounting the lights. Holding a light in your hand will always decrease the scatter. Did you try them on a helmet yet?
    I tried our MR11 Sunspot in a helmet cofiguration; the Sunspot is the same bulb/reflector assembly as in the 10W HID Flashlight. I was diving a small sidemount cave on the Withlacoochee with Brett Hemphill, I didn't notice any significant backscatter from the light. Did I mention I was behind Brett?? Like I said it was a small sidemount cave and silt couldn't be helped. What I did notice was the peripheral lighting shining across my field of view, that did take a little getting used to.

    Jerry
    Did you get to see the cave at all!?
    After a lot of trial and error on positioning of lights on helmets I found that either at the jaw line or above my temple works best. For sumps I have been using a light I can remove from the helmet and hold in my hand but I also use them for strobes for my photos. Considering where you were I am amazed you could see anything but Brett's fins. Cindy

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts