Any word on current conditions at Little River?
Any word on current conditions at Little River?
If the river rises much more I suspect it'll blow. Dove it Wednesday afternoon and there was flow but not a ton and the cave was beautiful. The next day we dove it around 11 and the water was up 5-6 inches and flow was down some. The tannic over the cave was thicker than the day before. We did our dive then were asked to go back and pull someone's reel. In those 2 hours from when we first got there and dove then went to go pull the reel the tannic completely covered the area all the way down to almost 10 feet. There was no clear area on the surface at all. We actually had trouble finding the cave on the way back in for the reel. I don't know if the rivers still rising, but if it is I suspect little river may not be dive able next week. People may get lucky and the river stops rising and conditions hold. It's the best I've ever seen little river. We got a max depth around 108ft.
I dove Little River today. The water is over the first landing of the stairs, but there's still positive flow out of the cave. Only the top 1-2 ft of water is really tannic, though there's some tannin down to 10-15 ft. Inside, flow is down and visibility is good with some particulate.
If you saw it a month or so ago, the water is slightly higher, but there's more flow. There's still some margin before it goes under.
That's good to hear. We had a notable deterioration within 18 hours but the 3 days prior had seen a ton of rain throughout the state. Maybe the rain slowed enough that it'll hold.
Bookmarks