After 16 months of battling with BCBS about the air ambulance bill from November 2016 I sent the bill for $60,000.00 to DAN. It took a few months of going through the proper channels that DAN required and I was informed yesterday that they paid my air ambulance claim. I figured DAN could negotiate a decent discount however they only received a $1200 discount therefore they cut a check for $58,800.00. My $125 Guardian plan saved me $58,800.00 not to mention the other tens of thousands of $$ in medical bills. BCBS denied multiple appeals by myself, the air ambulance company and DAN tried to work with them as well. BCBS denied it every time saying the flight was not medically necessary even with the drafted letter signed by the BSN and hyperbaric physician stating otherwise. If you dont have DAN or some type of divers insurance, IMO you should look into it. Its loomed over my head for 19 months worrying that I would have a lot of dive gear for sale if I had to end of paying it. If it happens a 3rd time I will have a lot for sale... that or Ill be divorced.


Reply With Quote
shorts and a t-shirt
oops, a drysuit @ the 700' marker


Bookmarks