I can't believe anyone would be here just to stir the pot.
Honestly, I do see what Bob is saying. I don't want to see the CDF become like The Deco Stop, which basically became the Craiglist of tech gear. Conversely, the goal with moderation, and for those of us who remember, to become like the old Tech-list. The old Tech-list lost any substantive value because it became constant flame drama fest that had no resemblance of diving- it was a chest thumping phallic comparison site. Will things be perfect and everybody happy, no that is utopian ,but overall in comparison to other sites, it isn't too bad.
"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick
The disadvantage of deleting posts is that those who are late to the party (like I am) are deprived of the entertainment value of the deleted post. I guess, I need to log on more frequently. (Please do not follow my example. If anyone sees that deleting posts and waving the ban hammer results in more logins, the ban hammer could become a water-powered forge.)
Joke aside, I appreciate that the moderators are trying to walk a very fine line. Not an easy job. If they would step over where I think the line should be and would end up on my toes once in a blue moon, I would not take that personal.
i mean, I think he was just asking for moderation according to cdf's own rules. not for anything mind-blowing.
Bookmarks