As one counterexample, motorcycle forums tend to be very active. Their FB counterparts not so much, being mostly a complete waste of time except for announcements. I think both MORGAN and Ben M are correct. The lack of activity, in part, is probably due to the fact that most things worth saying has already been said. Also, these days noobs are more likely to use the search feature to try to get answers than post the same question for the n’th time.
There are interesting topics that I think we could all learn from. Such as, lessons learned from the recent 10+ hour exploration dives in cave country. Logistics, to some extent, but more so on any DCS and related medical concerns and how they are being dealt with. There seems to be at least one physician partaking in these amazing endeavors, and hopefully some records/diaries are being kept for future (or current) examination. As someone said, we are all guinea pigs in a giant DCS experiment but those doing these challenging dives more so than others. I’m less interested in those pretty pics which get old very quickly.



Reply With Quote

Bookmarks