Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Moderating

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    You are another "pot stirrer" and welcome to go away along with AJ.
    got it.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    St Pete, Fl
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    “This forum is intended to be an open, liberal and unbiased forum, but the owners, moderators and sponsors reserve the right to edit and/or remove any message or graphic that break the following rules:“

    No rules we’re broken.

    The mods break their own rules.

    So much for an open, liberal, and unbiased forum.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PfcAJ View Post
    “This forum is intended to be an open, liberal and unbiased forum, but the owners, moderators and sponsors reserve the right to edit and/or remove any message or graphic that break the following rules:“

    No rules we’re broken.

    The mods break their own rules.

    So much for an open, liberal, and unbiased forum.
    Keep it up, and your departure won't be voluntary.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    St Pete, Fl
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Banned for posting the rules?


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Fl
    Posts
    863

    Default

    I would agree, the moderation here has served the personal agenda of one moderator. I will post examples later tonight.


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly-vester View Post
    I would agree, the moderation here has served the personal agenda of one moderator. I will post examples later tonight.
    that's a paddlin'


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Marianna, FL
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    and highest signal to noise ratio of any forum I'm on. One of the unfortunate things about taking any kind of position of responsibility is that you can never make everybody happy.
    We must be looking for very different "signal" vs noise. I come to this place everyday, check new threads, and usually leave disappointed. Moderation aside, this place is a shell of its former self. I don't like it as I'd rather get my cave diving content in a place like this than the social media vehicles out there. That's the only reason I come back. I want to see it here.

    If you are happy with 50% gear exchange, 40% water cooler talk/jokes and trolling, and the remaining actual real content or newbie questions then don't change a thing.


  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben M View Post
    Moderation aside, this place is a shell of its former self. I don't like it as I'd rather get my cave diving content in a place like this than the social media vehicles out there.
    Many of the forums are not so active now. thedecostop.com is not even a shell of its former self, being reduced to a shell of a shell. Reduced only to ads, and not that many of those.

    Scubaboard seems to be doing somewhat okay so maybe it's more a tech diving thing.

    Many forums do not allow any discussion of moderators or moderating. But I did look through the rules here and don't see any such prohibition.

    "So long and thanks for all the fish!" -- Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tulum, Mexico
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    Many of the forums are not so active now. thedecostop.com is not even a shell of its former self, being reduced to a shell of a shell. Reduced only to ads, and not that many of those.

    Scubaboard seems to be doing somewhat okay so maybe it's more a tech diving thing.

    Many forums do not allow any discussion of moderators or moderating. But I did look through the rules here and don't see any such prohibition.
    The existence and content of this thread are a perfect example of why messageboards have been withering.

    Frankly, they're the last forum (no pun intended) of luddites who missed the train when social media moved on.


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tulum, Mexico
    Posts
    483

    Default

    #cdfsnapchat



 

Similar Threads

  1. who is moderating these other forums?
    By rchrds in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 09:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts