Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: kevlar cave line?

    Quote Originally Posted by eramosakarst
    Jochem was leaving decoration for the future generation
    You mean Hasenmayer?
    Can you imagine the weight of the exploration reel?!?!

    Thanks everybody for the feedback.


  2. #12

    Default Re: kevlar cave line?

    Quote Originally Posted by tanto
    Quote Originally Posted by eramosakarst
    Jochem was leaving decoration for the future generation
    You mean Hasenmayer?
    Can you imagine the weight of the exploration reel?!?!

    Thanks everybody for the feedback.
    Yes Hasemeyer

    From the photos I have seen the guage looked small..more than a standard reel for sure but not lead like.

    The Brits I believe have some sumps lines with galvanized chain,due to sump flows.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default Re: kevlar cave line?

    Quote Originally Posted by eramosakarst
    The Brits I believe have some sumps lines with galvanized chain,due to sump flows.
    We could use something like that in Tennessee

    We replace line every year is some caves, because of flooding. I have seen some pictures of outflow that makes white water rafting look tame.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #14

    Default Re: kevlar cave line?

    Quote Originally Posted by FW
    We could use something like that in Tennessee
    From the pictures I have seen from your group,I think titanium might be the ticket. I wouldn't be surprised if house size boulders were rolling around in the torrents.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Keller, Tx
    Posts
    326

    Default

    I always worried about stranded wire when it breaks under tension- all that kinetic energy turns into a double headed dragon as it gets turns into real energy.
    Personally- I would take a chain over wire stranding any day.

    Forrest, is the line getting just cut or it is more of a frayed/ crushed situation? Just curious from a amateur point of view.

    Would a Mylar core with nylon braided over it help? Mylar used in currency can be cut, burned, and has some stretch to it.
    Then again- total amateur thoughts.

    Forrest great work sir.

    Eramosakarst- Hey mate how is the cave dive on the resurgence going- no new pics in a year. Any news?

    Later all, Andrew


  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyduck
    Eramosakarst- Hey mate how is the cave dive on the resurgence going- no new pics in a year. Any news?
    It still continues but zero viz unfortunately.We had hoped by opening it up the clay silt would flush( we even went in in full flood and stirred the silt banks) but no luck.Slabs are still having to be hauled out to allow forward motion as well.It is kinda on the back burner now as we have been working on a lot of other spots. and the 'dry" upstream stuff that has opened up .I had to stop anything underwater due to crap so I am just coordinating and recruiting now.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts