Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 23 of 23
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdenney View Post
    I have found that super-bright lights, the UWLD that Adam Hughes uses for instance, will blind me from behind if he's too close.
    What the hell you need to see for anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by jebernot View Post
    This is a joke.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    I am glad this topic came up. I was reasonably happy with my DR RX2 light until I did a couple dives with buddies using newer mega bright lights. There was deffinatly occasions where signaling was a potential problem. I have been lead diver, when I could just about turn off my primary and swim within the beam of trailing diver. Kind of cool effect visually, but obviously a problem.

    I will also add that it's become more common to have somebody practically bling the sh1t out of you when passing head on. Seems like some are just so proud of their 3million watt lights, that they think other divers will enjoy it pointing in there face. Temptation is there to "flash high beams" back at them, but I doubt they would even notice the modest output of my LX20.

    :-/


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    \
    I will also add that it's become more common to have somebody practically bling the sh1t out of you when passing head on. Seems like some are just so proud of their 3million watt lights, that they think other divers will enjoy it pointing in there face. Temptation is there to "flash high beams" back at them, but I doubt they would even notice the modest output of my LX20.

    :-/



    See it alot. I generally cup my light in my hand and shine it away from the other divers, giving me enough light to see in front of me. It seems alot of people have no clue, because I rarely get that back. I think it's more stupidity than showing off, though those go hand in hand.

    My wife is a little lady, but doesn't take anybody's sh!t. Mainly because she can get away with it. One dive in Ginnie, we were exiting the bone line and a group of 3 dumbasses were making a disco show with their lights and we thought there was an emergency. We realized there wasn't when each of the three passed and blinded us horribly, eventhough we put a hand up to cover our eyes. Any moron would have realized they were blinding us. Finally when the last guy started to blind us again my wife turned her 35w UWLD up to full power and got it about 12 inches from the guy's face. Usually I wouldn't condone that behavior and she wouldn't do it, but these guys were ridiculous and we were both seeing spots after idiot number one. The guy she got probably had his own personal no-viz exit since he was blinded for a minute or two I'm sure. I thought there may be some words said at the end of the dive (we were considering going up to them because we doubted they still undersrtood), but they were long gone when we surfaced.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2019, 02:15 PM
  2. WTS: Light Monkey 21 Watt LED Primary Light
    By CCR Josh in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 08:34 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2015, 08:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts