Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default "Scuba West" in Hudson Sold And Has New Owner?

    My son-in-law and I made a couple of dives at Hudson Grotto yesterday. While we were there, we were advised that Paul Heinerth had sold 100% of the business about 3 months ago to a "Snowbird". Paul was away teaching a cave class, so I was unable to confirm this.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The ATL & N. GA Mountains
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Oh no!! not a dreaded snowbird....

    Many "snowbirds" must get tired of all that Florida heat, crowds, hurricanes, etc. and then move to my beautiful area in the N. GA, TN and NC mountains where they then become as "halfbacks".. (decide to move halfway back..). Someone sure needs to teach them how to drive on the twisty roads though!

    Maybe the snowbird can set up a filter system for the sinkhole.. it would be a decent OW dive (testing equipment, etc.) if it wasnt so tannic at the bottom..

    JB


  3. #3

    Default

    who told you that? Charlene or Danny?


  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by resolute
    Oh no!! not a dreaded snowbird....
    To a cracker like me, anyone from north of Valdosta is a snowbird, and must be watched carefully....

    Drew


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limestone Cowboy
    To a cracker like me, anyone from north of Valdosta is a snowbird, and must be watched carefully....

    Drew
    Amen, brother!

    This is my new, non petition inclusive, signature line.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Titen:

    When I first got there, I asked Charlene if Paul was there and she said that he was away teaching a cave course. She didn't mention anything about there being a new owner.

    While I was gearing up at the sinkhole, a middleaged guy was hanging around talking to some other divers. He introduced himself as the new owner of the business. He said that he didn't have any business cards made up yet when I asked for one, so I don't remember his name. I do remember him saying that he was from up north and that he bought the business in February.

    Frank


  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpeleo
    Titen:

    When I first got there, I asked Charlene if Paul was there and she said that he was away teaching a cave course. She didn't mention anything about there being a new owner.

    While I was gearing up at the sinkhole, a middleaged guy was hanging around talking to some other divers. He introduced himself as the new owner of the business. He said that he didn't have any business cards made up yet when I asked for one, so I don't remember his name. I do remember him saying that he was from up north and that he bought the business in February.

    Frank
    you sure he wasnt just some crazy local that wondered over from the neiborhood? was he barefoot, wearing a white tank top, and carrying a 32oz of Old English? jk


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default

    He appeared legitimate to me. I asked him if he and Paul were in partnership, and he said he owned 100% of it.

    If someone talks to Charlene, I'm sure that she can confirm or deny this.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default

    I received a private message from an individual who confirms that Paul did sell the shop, but that he will still be a part of it and involved in its operation.


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valdosta,Ga
    Posts
    365

    Default

    I talked with someone today and the Dive shop and I am understanding that it is not sold but is a partner in the business end of the shop. Way to much of a work load for Paul t do the shop and teach then after a few years there will be a buy out and Paul will sell. But from what I understood from the person that told me is that the guy does not own 100% of it. I would say run into Paul and ask him.

    (All give some, Some give ALL . Semper Fi) Safe Diving (JAMMER)


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts