There seems to be so many "negative" comments of late, regarding our fellow cave divers, so today I'm going to share a "positive" comment with you guys and gals, regarding our dives yesterday.
I was teaching an Intro class with two students and we were on dive number 1, going into the ear. Since is was the first time running a reel into the cave ( a high flow cave at that ) lots of time was spent on the surface doing practice reel work and so on like all instructors do. Now here's the good part. Going down into the ear, almost at the bottom of the chimney, was a reel placed by a team ahead of us. This reel was absolutely, without a doubt, perfectively placed, not only at the primary tiefoff but well placed all the way to Gold Line. I'm thinking, this must have been one of my former students!! ( hold those comments ) All kidding aside, it was nice to see the effort that was made to get it done the correct way. Ginnie was almost empty yesterday so we did not have the usual spiderweb of lines in the ear. On our return from our dive, the reel had been pulled and by the time we surfaced, the parking lot was almost empty so I have no idea who owned that reel so if the owner of the reel reads this post, feel free to pat yourself on the back! My students were impressed as well.


Reply With Quote

Bookmarks