Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11

    Default

    In addition to opening up a few new caves, you should also consider that normoxic trimix has some great advantages in some of the caves you might already be diving. Some of the deeper sections in Madison for example.
    Anything deeper than 100? and you should be considering some helium. 21/35 is a great gas for quite a few of the caves in the 120-130? depths. And I can think of several that have not already been listed.
    Don?t just think 180-200?. Helium is your friend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Just curious....Cave Connections in Crawfordville charges $150 per diver as a guide fee for Meeting House and Greyhound caves....pretty steep!
    Are there other guides? If so, what do they charge?
    Pretty cost prohibitive, if the same, I bet they don't get many requests, especially considering the highly variable visibility conditions in the Leon Sinks area.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trenton, FL & Aquidneck Island, RI
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phreaticus53 View Post
    Just curious....Cave Connections in Crawfordville charges $150 per diver as a guide fee for Meeting House and Greyhound caves....pretty steep!
    Are there other guides? If so, what do they charge?
    Pretty cost prohibitive, if the same, I bet they don't get many requests, especially considering the highly variable visibility conditions in the Leon Sinks area.
    They only charge the first few dives then they let you go out solo or with a vetted team. And by the way, the conditions throughout the Leon Sinks area were spectacular during the holidays. Did several dives at Emerald, Clear Cut, Meeting House and Ferrell in December, early January. Conditions were the best I've seen there over the past four years I've been diving there.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draker View Post
    In addition to opening up a few new caves, you should also consider that normoxic trimix has some great advantages in some of the caves you might already be diving. Some of the deeper sections in Madison for example.
    Anything deeper than 100? and you should be considering some helium. 21/35 is a great gas for quite a few of the caves in the 120-130? depths. And I can think of several that have not already been listed.
    Don?t just think 180-200?. Helium is your friend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    We've already discussed that as well. There's parts of Ginnie that I think a little bit of helium would be of benefit I'm sure. One point of debate I don't have a clear understanding of (obviously would be cleared up in class) is that some articles I've read increase both the deco obligation and risk of DCS significantly with helium added, yet other sources debate that. (PS: sources doesn't = post by forum members)


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Deep section of JB?

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phreaticus53 View Post
    Just curious....Cave Connections in Crawfordville charges $150 per diver as a guide fee for Meeting House and Greyhound caves....pretty steep!
    Are there other guides? If so, what do they charge?
    Pretty cost prohibitive, if the same, I bet they don't get many requests, especially considering the highly variable visibility conditions in the Leon Sinks area.
    I think that includes an F-16 flight too.


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    I think that includes an F-16 flight too.
    I had to go back to the original thread to figure what that meant

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    St Pete, Fl
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    I think that includes an F-16 flight too.
    Oysters too!


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Oh, well.....and F-16 ride and oysters!
    Totally worth it then!


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    40

    Default

    IANTD Normoxic Plus is to 70m/230'.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Muyil area caves officially open for diving
    By phillip1 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 08:46 AM
  2. What gets caves open
    By Kelly Jessop in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 02:57 PM
  3. normoxic or trimix
    By deepdiver4 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 11:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts