Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Fix leaking Omniswivel disconnect

    I have a high-flow omnisiwvel quick disconnect that has started leaking. I've checked all the O-rings, and everything seems to be in order but it still leaks from behind the collar. It started slow and then the last couple of dives I'm unable to reconnect or shake it to make it work.

    Anyone have any ideas on how to clean out whatever grit got in there (hopefully without an ultrasonic cleaner)? Or is there something major that I'm missing? I'm considering swapping out for a BC fitting at this point.

    Thanks!


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    I've got a lead in with Omniswivel and should have a repair manual for you today. I suspect there is an o-ring behind the circlip that may be leaking


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    I've got a lead in with Omniswivel and should have a repair manual for you today. I suspect there is an o-ring behind the circlip that may be leaking
    That would be super helpful, thanks! That's the one part I wasn't able to take apart in the field, or I'm missing something obvious.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    shoot me your email address in a PM and i'll send it to you


  5. #5

    Default

    swap with a qc connection much more dependable if you have the room if not you can buy a complete rebuild kit from dive gear express

    The second mouse gets the cheese!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Thanks everyone for the help, I got it fixed. Using some helpful documents I disassembled the whole thing, cleaned each piece, replaced the O-ring behind the collar and relubed all the appropriate parts and reassembled. It was a bit more work than I'd be willing to do in the field (eg on a picnic table/tailgate at the divesite) but not painful enough to send off to someone else to fix.

    I haven't had this part for too long and I've had it in some pretty dirty environments, so I'm thinking I'll probably look at a different QD. For clear water Florida diving I'm sure it'd be no problemo.

    Once I find a replacement, I'll probably look to sell it on to someone else. Anyone interested in an Omniswivel QD? It's perfect for someone not dragging their gear through the mud every other dive.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Sell or Trade - Omniswivel Gas Switch Block
    By kwinter in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 02:28 PM
  2. Suunto Cobra with SK7 compass and HP Quick Disconnect
    By twodogs in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 09:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts