Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Little Devils

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    119

    Default Little Devils

    I dived Little Devils in the late 90's and really enjoyed the little cave. We only went to the last little domed room on the "main" line. We did not venture through the vertical restriction. Last time I was at Ginnie, I took a quick look at the entrance but it appeared to be filled in. Has anyone dived it recently and did you have to excavate to get in? Has the line been extended from what was there in the late 90's?


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    high springs
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oms121 View Post
    I dived Little Devils in the late 90's and really enjoyed the little cave. We only went to the last little domed room on the "main" line. We did not venture through the vertical restriction. Last time I was at Ginnie, I took a quick look at the entrance but it appeared to be filled in. Has anyone dived it recently and did you have to excavate to get in? Has the line been extended from what was there in the late 90's?
    Yes to being filled in and no to the extension of the line. Not only is it filled in, but my estimates for the height of the silt above the downstream entrance is "around" 3-4 feet. haven't paid any attention to the upstream side. Did that once and that was enough. I'll bet it's fair to say, that the majority of the divers that go to Ginnie, have NO idea of what's under their automobiles!


  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Last time in there is was very loose sand that would shift around you- not a good feeling.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oms121 View Post
    I dived Little Devils in the late 90's and really enjoyed the little cave. We only went to the last little domed room on the "main" line. We did not venture through the vertical restriction. Last time I was at Ginnie, I took a quick look at the entrance but it appeared to be filled in. Has anyone dived it recently and did you have to excavate to get in? Has the line been extended from what was there in the late 90's?
    And the late 90's was last time I ever saw anyone going in. Thank God for your post it's been so long I thought maybe I dreamed it.

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Roaming in cenote land
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    i checked the entrance in June (no plans to dive it) and there was a lot of branches and leaves. I tried to dig some of it out, wait for the dust to settle and dig some more. I would concur that the sand at the entrance would have a high propensity of shifting back in.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    119

    Default

    It was my first no mount dive and I really enjoyed the short dive. My memory is of a no mount main entrance followed by a series of little igloo rooms with small no mount restrictions between the rooms with the line ending in the last igloo room. The restriction on the T was described to me as a committed wiggle through a basketball hoop sized tunnel. Does that jive with reality?


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Reminds me of Wekiva ! small, risky, & tite ! No mount as well. This one is out of bounds...Period ! It is closed !


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    high springs
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oms121 View Post
    It was my first no mount dive and I really enjoyed the short dive. My memory is of a no mount main entrance followed by a series of little igloo rooms with small no mount restrictions between the rooms with the line ending in the last igloo room. The restriction on the T was described to me as a committed wiggle through a basketball hoop sized tunnel. Does that jive with reality?
    I dove the upstream no mount side with a guy named John Reeke from Canada. ( long time cave divers will remember John ) He was much larger than me and I made him go first so the joke was, if he fits then I fit! Pushing your tank ahead and up thru the basketball hoop will make you question your logic. As I said, did it once, never again!!


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Anyone remember if the access had to be dug out by the original explorers ? Has it just been choked off by a million tubers kicking rocks down there?

    I took a short look a couple months back and saw the same thing. ..small branches, rocks and detritus blocking off any possible access.


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    Anyone remember if the access had to be dug out by the original explorers ? Has it just been choked off by a million tubers kicking rocks down there?

    I took a short look a couple months back and saw the same thing. ..small branches, rocks and detritus blocking off any possible access.
    I dont think it has to do any with tubes. Maybe flow went down due to pumping out for irrigation or whatever. I spent an hour once to clear debris at the entrance under the eastern wall but only to the point when real digging should start. It could be clogged only at the vent and the rest is open, i have seen similar sand blocks in other places. Should be easy to open but i dont think community will be happy with it.

    ARY (Photo, video)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Little Devils
    By flyczek in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts