Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Bottom timer

  1. #1

    Default Bottom timer

    What is everyone using for a bottom timer these days? I've been using a Nitek Plus and it finally died

    Richard Blackburn
    All comments are my own.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rblackburn View Post
    What is everyone using for a bottom timer these days? I've been using a Nitek Plus and it finally died
    I use two Shearwaters, one on each arm I have a NiTek 3 you can have, and also an Oceanic V (something) you can have. Both probably could stand new batteries.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I use two Shearwaters, one on each arm I have a NiTek 3 you can have, and also an Oceanic V (something) you can have. Both probably could stand new batteries.
    I considered buying a Shearwater for Samma and using it as a backup, but like the idea of 2 different brands (on the LONG SHOT) that there is a software bug that affected both at the same time...

    Richard Blackburn
    All comments are my own.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rblackburn View Post
    I considered buying a Shearwater for Samma and using it as a backup, but like the idea of 2 different brands (on the LONG SHOT) that there is a software bug that affected both at the same time...
    I use 2 different generation Shearwaters The offer for the NiTek 3 still stands.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I use 2 different generation Shearwaters The offer for the NiTek 3 still stands.
    I'll take you up on the offer

    Richard Blackburn
    All comments are my own.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Since my old Uwatec bottom timer died, I use a Dive-Rite Nitek Duo set to gauge as a bottom time along with my Shearwater. I'd like to have two Shearwaters eventually, so when my Duo finally dies I'll be looking for a good deal on an older Shearwater.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default Bottom timer

    I have 2 Nitec plus's. Looking to get rid of them.
    Send me a pm if your interested.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    I am the same as Forrest. Two different generations of Shearwaters. By far the best computers I ever owned.

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    I thought that this was Forrest's bottom timer.


    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    I thought that this was Forrest's bottom timer.

    Nah, not enough sunlight down there, I only use that one on the surface

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Bottom Timer
    By lord1234 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 07:21 PM
  2. WTB bottom timer
    By sem824 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 07:30 PM
  3. Bottom Timer
    By BillBowden in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 03:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts