Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    615

    Default

    I think it's ok to use your brain and a little common sense and figure out what's ok and what's not.


    The problem is people doing it on mud floors like peacock or the big room or the Hillier tunnel due to lack of that common sense.


    I heard a beautiful quote recently... "If some's a F tard on the surface, they ain't going to get any smarter when they get under the water."


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Oh geez. That may be signature worthy...

    I know I'm no wizened conservationist, but I don't see the problem with fins in the sands of the Ballroom. I cant imagine what goes on during a galaxy dive. Silt, mud, clay are different stories.


  3. #13
    Time Out User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    55

    Default

    So the problem is one of these photographer managed to make a huge mess in diepolder 3 one of the bigger caves in Florida. Seeing these behind the scene photos it's now no wonder he made such a mess. I'd rather not see fancy photos if the photographer leaves permanent marks in the caves.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    they're disturbing the sand there. off with their heads


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    branford
    Posts
    144

    Default

    your welcome. Feel free to spread the joy. Joel

    Quote Originally Posted by cmint View Post
    I think it's ok to use your brain and a little common sense and figure out what's ok and what's not.


    The problem is people doing it on mud floors like peacock or the big room or the Hillier tunnel due to lack of that common sense.


    I heard a beautiful quote recently... "If some's a F tard on the surface, they ain't going to get any smarter when they get under the water."


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    "I would rather"..."see photos". It attracts young adventurous man to the path of exploration, self-development and awareness. Which comes along with demand on instruction, gear and also feeds tourism. Even if it cost some unintentional marks in the sand (writing names in clay on another hand would be a different story). I never seen marks in D3 and most probably never will for the reason it is private property which visit involves serious (for me) financial expense in extra gear, gas, and associated with legal visiting fees. So at least I could see photos.

    ARY (Photo, video)

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Laying down / kneeling in the cave doesn't bother me nearly as much as writing a letter in support of a convicted child molester. That I think is more repulsive.


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL - USA
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Maybe they chose to shoot in the Ballroom so they didnt have to worry about damaging the cave....



    Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

    Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harambe View Post
    So the problem is one of these photographer managed to make a huge mess in diepolder 3 one of the bigger caves in Florida. Seeing these behind the scene photos it's now no wonder he made such a mess. I'd rather not see fancy photos if the photographer leaves permanent marks in the caves.
    Thankfully, he won't be going back any time soon.

    And ARY, it's simply unacceptable to wallow in the silt in a cave big enough to fly a 747 through...idgaf how pretty the pics are. There's plenty of good ones on draker's fb, and they caused no damage.


  10. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lake City FL
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Just my two cents worth here. The photos are not by the well known photographers in the set but by a photographer with the paper. There were people in the set that are Cavern who rarely dive on that shoot and moving a huge amount of strobes is pretty task loading. I think when the shots are finished by the two pro shooters you will like the results. I do not condone damaging the cave during photography but it was in the ballroom if the bottom was hit its sand folks. I appropriate anyone trying to bring our sport out in a positive manor. The deep shoots that have been done by others are amazing to me. But there is a lot of ways and methods to try to get shots and I am thankful of most people that shoot for us to enjoy. I certainly love to shoot shots in different places but don't have enough gear to do it justice.

    Tom



 

Similar Threads

  1. Gainesville Sun Get's it Wrong
    By Dwain in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 04:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts