I believe I'd just point to the surface.
Out of gas on deco? Seriously?
I believe I'd just point to the surface.
Out of gas on deco? Seriously?
Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.
Did you know that if you go out of gas during deco that you are a doofus?
Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.
Saw this happen once. Apparently double 85s, even jacked, and two 40s, does not constitute adequate planning for a 300ft dive. Dude lost his deep deco gas on top of that.
...and the story gets even better. He sent up "need oxygen" on a bag. Boat dropped it down the line, which he then got entangled in and had to cut his way out of. He and his buddy ended up buddy breathing that extra bottle just to make it through deco.
Two teams of two of us were a short ways away, with literally a boatload of gas (double 130s and 3x80 deco each). They apparently thought they had things sorted, and didn't come to us for help.
To bring things back on topic, I would've donated the reg in my mouth, switched to backgas, and sorted out tanks.
Jim
That was pretty good, but I still can't figure out how someone would go OOA on deco. (If it's a buddy pair with doubles only, this is just like any other OOA regardless of location. There should be no question at this point how to share.)
Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.
In my mind it's not a question of being oog as much as it is the diver thinking their oog.
There's countless examples of something interrupting the divers gas supply. Anything from the mouthpiece popping off, the exhaust diaphragm getting debris stuck in it, something obstructing the hose (miflex has or had some serious issues with this), etc. Any of these things could make a diver think they're oog and request to share gas even if ts temporary.
As you can see from this thread it's not exactly unanimous on how to handle it.
Bookmarks