Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default Southern FL caves?

    I was onboard flying over Sebastian beaches past weekend and notice that "bluehole". Does anybody know anything about that particular feature? Are there blue holes down in south FL. I know one is at Pigeon (?) key, not sure about name but there is a small state owned park with a bluehole on the Key where the prison is. At the time I visited it said no scuba and there were some gigantic crocs or gators in it.

    ARY (Photo, video)

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Stuart, fl
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I know it's called recreation island IR2

    That's all I know about it

    Pidgeon key is not a blue Hole. It's a marina they cut out of the rock. It's not a prison. At one time it was a drug rehab but now it is a state park.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Oh ok, thanks. Just started to look for quarry and read this: http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/b...reshwater-lake
    That was Big Pine Key not Pigeon, my memory leaked

    ARY (Photo, video)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2015, 03:52 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2015, 06:47 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2015, 06:43 AM
  4. Caves in the Southern Caribbean?
    By cavebiology in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 05:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts